Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How to keep trac of your boat!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/216307-how-keep-trac-your-boat.html)

sean stinson 09-06-2009 06:37 PM

Probably but Brad is really the tech guy when it comes to the nuts and bolts!!!!!

bcschoe 09-07-2009 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by BenPerfected (Post 2947392)
Is the technology similar to LoJac?

No.

GALTRAC uses GPS recievers and Cellular for comms. GALTRAC will notify you if your asset (car, truck, boat, bike, etc) is stolen or removed from a geo fence.

You track your assest rather than the police
Galtrac can be used as a management tool for fleets

A recent customer who is new to the boat world and a bit uncomfortable having his new 500k dollar boat moved around by strangers was completely excited when he was able to track the movement of his boat from his laptop.

He saw it leave his house, arrive at the boat ramp, leave the marina, and arrive at the manufacturer. He then set a geo fence on his boat and a couple of days later his phone rang alerting him the boat had left the manufacturer enroute the boat ramp for sea trials.

When the geo fence is set and the boat breaks this geographical reference an automatic notification is made and you can immediately notify police your boat is being stolen rather than coming home days later to find it gone and calling the police and asking them to fire up Lojac.

www.galtrac.com

Roger 1 09-07-2009 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by bcschoe (Post 2947939)
No.

GALTRAC uses GPS recievers and Cellular for comms. GALTRAC will notify you if your asset (car, truck, boat, bike, etc) is stolen or removed from a geo fence.

You track your assest rather than the police
Galtrac can be used as a management tool for fleets

A recent customer who is new to the boat world and a bit uncomfortable having his new 500k dollar boat moved around by strangers was completely excited when he was able to track the movement of his boat from his laptop.

He saw it leave his house, arrive at the boat ramp, leave the marina, and arrive at the manufacturer. He then set a geo fence on his boat and a couple of days later his phone rang alerting him the boat had left the manufacturer enroute the boat ramp for sea trials.

When the geo fence is set and the boat breaks this geographical reference an automatic notification is made and you can immediately notify police your boat is being stolen rather than coming home days later to find it gone and calling the police and asking them to fire up Lojac.

www.galtrac.com

Sounds pretty cool. I think that someone with their boat stored at a remote facillty would sleep better knowing that they could be alerted when their boat or asset was moved. Gives the owner time to use the bat before the bad guys can use the sawzall.

CB-BLR 09-07-2009 10:35 PM

What a great idea.

Chris

sean stinson 09-08-2009 07:19 AM

I sat and watched the tracking of a vehicle on Brads laptop which was very cool....but even cooler was when Brad tracked himself through the airport while he had an unit in his baggage....Now thats technology!!!!!

sean stinson 09-09-2009 11:44 AM

So how do I sweeten the pot to make this an attractive deal for everyone, The value is there I just can't believe that everyone doesn't see it!!!!

sean stinson 09-13-2009 11:02 AM

Update: We are working with insurance companies to give discounts to you if one of our units is installed on the boats that way you can at least save some money over time with a 1 time cost of adding the unit!!!

Bobthebuilder 09-13-2009 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2951525)
Update: We are working with insurance companies to give discounts to you if one of our units is installed on the boats that way you can at least save some money over time with a 1 time cost of adding the unit!!!

I think that is a great way to go about it Sean. It makes perfect sense and it's win win for everyone. Hopefully competition in the insurance industry will get them all in line on this. There is competition for our business insn't there ?? LOL Sometimes I wonder ?

Bob

bcschoe 09-14-2009 11:32 AM

We just completed a required install on a 33 Contender insured by Charter Lakes. They accepted the system and gave the owner a discount.

www.GALTRAC.com

bripar77 09-14-2009 12:13 PM

Tracking

Can you change the Geo Fencing at any time? If a boat is kept at one place and then is moved to the mechanics place for a month or then stored at a different facility several months of the year?