If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spine Tickler
    Thanks guys for all the replies. I was told from a guy in the automotive section in Walmart is that they only have the promotion 1-2X per year. He doesnt know when. Does Cosco or BJs have it all the time? Hey Jon an Kirt. Top Gun means get a job in Greek The plans are comming along great. Breaking ground, meeting eith the tax man and getting married all in the same month. I must be crazy!! If any one else has any ideas on the oil let me know. ST

My Boats:
    31 Jupiter w/ 300 VRods
    Aventura, FL
    I was quoted a price of $65 a case for Royal Purple at a local speed shop today!

Spiney, I just ordered some thru my Mobil distributor. Call me.

Spiney, I would recommend Mobil Delvac 1, it is also a synthetic oil and is made specifically for big block motors used in harsh conditions. I have had friends that used Mobil 1 and switched to the Delvac 1 5w40 and they absolutely loved the Delvac 1. I purchased it by the case which contained 4 one gallon jugs for about $60. I would purchase it from a Mobil distributor that would supply to various business that operated trucks or other large equipment. Look in the yellow pages for a Mobil distributor and give them a call. I'm sure you will like the Delvac 1 product. I used to purchase all the lubricants for a large manufacturing plant and the Mobil rep who serviced our plant recommended the Delvac 1 and said he recommended it to people who raced boats and they also loved the product.

My Boats:
    Cigarette Top Gun, Scarab Center Console
    Toledo Oh
    I'm getting ready to break in new motors. Someone said I should not use synthetic oil at first. Any input?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Tinkerer's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18
    ALTO, MI

do not use synthetic oil when breaking in a motor unless it is a roller cam motor. Even then I would still use regular oil.
    Hey even if it ain't broke it's still fun to tinker with it.

My Boats:
    1989 Cigarette Bullet
    Siloam Springs, Ar.
    I SCORED!!!!!!!

Just came from Wal Mart. 5qt jugs of 15w-50 Mobil 1 for $17.88.

Bought them all up.

Who's your daddy!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member #1055/Moderator Charter Member GO4BROKE's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sonic 386
    I  Voted
    I bought 15qts @ Walmart for 17.95 2 weeks ago. I buy it when I see it, wether I need it right then or not, much cheaper. Oh yeah, 15w50. I am going to look into that delvac stuff though, although I've had good experience with Mobil 1, and have never heard a bad word.

I thought the delvac was for diesel motors? maybe a different delvac. mobil 1 is a great oil.

Registered tanned fat looks better's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Baja 270
    the western shore of THE BAY OF KANSAS CITY
    Yes Costco has it all the comes in a 6 qt. box $21-$22 a box.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast