OT: opinions on the Ducati 748 >

OT: opinions on the Ducati 748

Notices

OT: opinions on the Ducati 748

Old 04-05-2002, 04:20 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chirs thanks for your insight into my typing. I truly value your contributuion to the discusion. Without comments like that i would truly be lost.

Nasty i sent an email to [email protected] about that web site.

shor why are you so against the ducatis? What in particular is wrong with them? mechanical problems? I know they aren;t teh fastest bikes around but I keep hearing they are one of the best handling. I wish i could ride one to see for myself.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Okay Puder......I'm gonna try and do this without stepping on any toes...........THEY ARE SLOW........

Now don't get me wrong...they are good looking bikes and if you have big money to race them...I.E....more than most of us here.....then fine they have much potential.......

But for those of you that are looking for bang for the buck......the Ducatis would be your worst choice......

Seriuosly man....you bought that M3 for different reasons than a Ducati.......You're more than likely only in love with the looks of it.....the M3 on the other hand is reliable out the ass...

But is side by side with ANYTHING of near or equal valeu and it will get stomped......still doesn't mean it isn't a nice bike but a little tempermental........

First time those valves have to be adjusted at a couple thousand miles......you'll be saying "oh man what have I done?"

You do realize that the tanks alone on those things cost about $2500 bucks to replace.......sheesh......is this really what you want to do?????
Old 04-05-2002, 04:32 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Oh and BTW.....anything with Ohlins suspension and the top of the line Showa goodies will handle just as good......which I hate to tell you will be no where near your abilities........

Not being rude here in the least.....just trying to help ya make a good decision......

What can be done on the street and what can be done on the track are two totally different things.......trust me......the 748 nor the 998 make for good street bikes.......
Old 04-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Registered

Puder .. i'l check it out..thanks.. Shore is dead on about the Ducs... they are slow and quite tempermental.. they do handle nicely.. but so do many others out there...with much better reliability..... I have several friends that have had them all.... monsters , 916s' ect...I would never own one. although that's just me..although if you should happen to go that way.. the guy that built the Moto-Martin (pictured above) does make turbo set-ups for Ducs..... and believe me they need them.. BAD
Old 04-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My olss had a 748, Out of three of us that road it, Two dropped it ding slow speed turns. Not good in traffic or residential areas. I was the one that did not drop it, Because I only road it about a mile before wanted off. If you are a Short, Light little Sh54t like me they will get up and move fore you. anything over abot 185LBS you'll need another bike. The are like anything else thats Italian- Small Size, Big Power and Great Looking!
Old 04-05-2002, 04:47 PM
Registered

Poor Poor Rob........exactly who will be nervous at the next light when You pull up on a Ducati......I dont know man but I've never seen anyone brag about being beat.......

Now seriuosly......we can talk this till we're blue in the face......the fact won't change.....the Ducati is weak in all aspects......they just use top of the line suspension componenets......

I mean my God man....they still have steel frames......

And that V-twin.........oh please....if it made anyless HP it would have a H-D sticker on the side.......
Old 04-05-2002, 04:59 PM
Registered

SH*T I meant to edit, and deleted my post, but all I'm saying is it's a pride thing, I've had a bunch of jap bikes, and they were all great, but I liked the duc's more for that reason, but I like the v-twin and harleys too. It ends up being personal choice, and I dont like to have stuff everyone else has.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:38 PM
packinair

I have a ZX-7 that will woop the snot out of a 748. on the other hand the the duck is (in my opinion) one of the best looking bikes out there. it might not be the fastest but they are pretty damn cool bikes. kinda like a ferarri, tempermental, expensive but just bad ass

Old 04-06-2002, 02:22 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

your insights are swaying me away from a 748. I do really like eth way they look though. But reliability is key. I would also prfer somethine that is easy to maintain and won't cost and arm and aleg (literally or figureativley)

In addition to yoru comment i went to check otu a few aprilia bikes. They are pretty damn snazzy. And way cheaper than the ducs. BUT they had THE biek i want. A new MV-Agusto f4!!! Frikkin sweet!!!!!! 20 grand but a sweet bike.
Old 04-06-2002, 10:50 AM
Registered

Puder,
Are you looking at new only?? I looked online, and there are lots of bikes to be had at much lower prices, and saw new 996's for 15K, and others for 20K, used ones for 10K with 1500 miles on traderonline.com

Quick Reply: OT: opinions on the Ducati 748

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.