Notices

Class 1 UIM questions...

Old 04-07-2002, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

T2x
Not Mentioning the U.I.M Bias, I got a belly full of it over there, Plus the Scrutinizers Not an American face to be seen At Inspection Time!

Best Regards
Old 04-08-2002, 04:02 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In 95 there were a lot of boats that appeared that had the same bottom as the Victory boats. I am pretty sure that Blue is one of them, but not totally.
There is a new skater going to race in Europe and a Scism.
The Dubai boats were built with help from Peter H.
Everyone uses Herring props.
There is one boat using #6 weismann "Dry-sump"It was Randy's but Victory sold it to another team.
If you need some friends in scruteneering Roger Troutman is fair.
pat W

Last edited by shifter; 04-09-2002 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:12 AM
KIWI Craig

Hey Pat hows it going? I still keep an eye on the lies here, one never knows when I will show up! Do you have contact details for Roger Troutman as I would like to get hold of him. Craig

Old 04-08-2002, 11:34 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Pat:

It's Peter "H"...not Peter "L"...as in Hledin...not Ledin
The "help" that Peter gave Dubai was to recruit/recommend Randy, and a number of other American throttlemen to the Victory team, as well as selling the early boats to them. To the best of my knowledge the team turned around and cut/splashed/lengthened the 40' Skaters and made the 42' Victory's , under the watchful eye of Randy. (Similar to the lineage from the 36 Skater to the "new" MTI...if it worked once, and you got away with it......). Victory later dumped Randy (What goes around......), hired an English tunnel boat builder....dumped him..and hired Lamborghini's ex team manager(no Euro-engine bias there......... ).

"Everyone" (a handful of the higher funded teams) will use Herring props until Rolla upgrades his milling capability....only a matter of time methinks...or a "Victory" prop emerges.

Mercruisers are out of vogue over there...dry sumped or not... as much as a result of bias as anything else. Bottom line, 12-15 years ago (1987-90) most of the boats and 90% of the drives were American built. Prior to that Cigarettes and Magnums were the hulls of choice..Today you find the "occasional" Skater....the exception , thereby, proving the rule.......nuff said.

T2x
Old 04-08-2002, 09:10 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up UIM class 1

Jim Dyke and Kjell Rokke are preparing a 46 SKATER as we speak to go to Europe. It is bieng extensivly tesed in Florida right now. Lambo power and Mercruiser/Colabella dry sump 6 drives. Has been at Lake X testing for weeks. Big speeds have been seen. This boat WILL be a contender. These guys know what it takes and wouldn't take something non competive overthere.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:25 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan, as you know Kjell is defenately a contender in a lambo powered Skater. Good to hear he is testing another!!!
Dave, F2-07
Old 04-08-2002, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I thought that all the boats in UIM Class 1 use the BPM Drives? I haven't seen any boats listed with Buzzi drives other than in the V bottom classes with the boats that Buzzi designed.

I don't think that the elimination of the Mercury Drives was an American thing as much as it is an evolution thing. The Speedmaster's are old technology in comparison to the current drives out there today. This is why Mercury Panicked and got control of APBA. Obviously the Surface Drives are faster, hence, the elimination of them from APBA Super Cat Class by 2003.

It seems that the European’s are more receptive to Technology, i.e., multispeed sequential shift transmissions, Surface Drives, Diesel’s, V12’s etc., than the American boat racers.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:47 PM
satisfaction69

From what I understood alast year or the year before they reallllyy encuraged the diesel engines due to feul prices over in europe that's just from my standpiont. and as for the multispeed tranny's you NEED to run these primarily for those diesle engines due to the low RPM range of them, to get the props up to about 6,000-7,000 rpm.. It was also easier and more economicale to run shaft drives than to run say NO.6's over there due to the number of manufacturers. Also if you look back (don't quote me on this) the Victory Team ran two boats 1 with Lamborghini V-12's and the other with Seatek diesles both with equally amazing results. The last boat that Jim Dyke ran in U.I.M 1 was the Jolly Roger boat over their and I think they finished either 2nd or 3rd in the point standings, talked with him at the Cleveland APBA races last year when Jim and Dom ran the Popeyes in PX-V class.
That's all I can think of for now some of this is accurate and some is just heresay.
Later Sat69

Old 04-09-2002, 12:15 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boatless, "Reverend" to quote from Blazing Saddles.
I think that you will see a change in Europe when some of the newer boats get there. The one that Jim did will turn some heads. The new one from MTI will also (tri-max). We still have some toys for over there to up the bar next year. Evolution is a good thing. I looked up parity in the "new" dictionary and it said Monopoly.

Craig, I will check to see if he is in dubai or the uk. one does know and I think you will need NO-Dose for this one. I'll have his # before you get here.

T2x, sorry for the "L" typing not thinking. Spell check on Scism.
We need to fill in the blanks some other time when its not so public.A Tomato tomahto thing. I did the best I could with that.

pat W
Old 04-09-2002, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Team Jotun, will run that Scism with the Trimax drives. This is the same boat that they were going to run in APBA but were denied entry into the American PowerBoat Association. The boat was modeled after the 'Tommy Bahama" originally I heard. It has since been widened, and lengthened.

I heard that Mr. Dyke is trying several different drive types on the 46’s Skater along with engine types.

Is this the same 46’ that Kjell Rokke bought like two years ago?

Quick Reply: Class 1 UIM questions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.