BAD experience with Florida boat broker >

BAD experience with Florida boat broker

Notices

BAD experience with Florida boat broker

Old 04-05-2002, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

BIRDOG tHAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT.............................
Old 04-05-2002, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Id love to hear more on this..... I sorta kinda know the broker... I had heard good things about him before. I was going to call him to start looking for me but to my way of thinking this is not the way to do things....At least call the guy back and talk it over maybe through a little bone his way so he doesnt feel so badly molested. Love to hear the other side ofthis story.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not know the new owner and I have no information other that what was posted. but, NO there was no Contract Certifying anything according to the posts. No was there a Mechanical Survey. There ws however a few mechanics that deemed the 300 RPM change "Something Stupid" so the buyer decided to "Suck it up" and buy the boat. And this would be my first question : Define "Check it out." The mechanics "Checked out te engines. Did they run a compression test? Did they do a leak down? If they are Mercs, Did they do a diagnostic? Or did they pull the dipstick an say "No Chocolate milk" and Pull the Oil capo and say "No jelly" "It must be something stupid".....SOLD!!! If I ever hear a mechanic give that rason for a 300RPM differance the only "Something Stupid" thing that would happen wouldbe paying the bill for his work. There is a thig called an un-acceptable answer and that in my book is one of them. That answer was the Certification we are talkingabout. That "Something Stupid" was a big expensive something and that is why we are having this thread. The Boat should have never been purchased withoutanother survey at that point. And the engines are decribed as "Fresh" not new. That could explain one head being newer than another. Bottom line... Its a badsituation that possibly could have been avoided with a real survey, not a few mechanics and Lame Reasoning. The Broker should have pushed to find a problem and not to make a sale. That does not impley a warrenty nor does it obligate him to any finnancial dueties after the sale. As I stated , I run my buisness a different way. I like Two surveys and all work to be done before the close of sale. Some companies will not do that because I give clients an out untill there name is sighned on the final paper. In that case if the buyer wants to rush we put in Stipulatins and If I havent delt with the person before we Noterize. If the seller does not fallow the contract I will personally go after them with the contract and It is all legal and the buyers butt is covered. Even with contracts people try to snake you. A good broker will cover all bases before the close of the sale, or cover all bases legally delagating post sale responsabuilities. In this situation that was not done. And for the record...my real estate Thing ruled!!! That is why you find a good Real Estate Agent, to take care of unforsen problems and handle things correctly. If you sell a house during the day and Nobody checks the lights, Whos to say the owner new. You would have to prove they new. Im not saying ****ty buisness practices are right by any means. Im saying you choose your agents and Brokers carefully so they protect you. 10% is lot of cash folks. Find someone that earns it!
Old 04-05-2002, 06:33 PM
Registered

Thanks for the lesson!!! As with houses,I dont buy these types of boats often enough to realy know any good brokers to steer me in the right direction !!! Sounds like you try to avoid this type of thing in youre buss.......
Old 04-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Registered

Im not trying to just toot my own horn on the site. There are plenty of good Brokers in the industry. Unfortunatly there are also many Sharks. Its like going to buy your first new car. Its embarrasing but helpfull to take Dad with you thefirst time. He has done it before and knows the games. And there are some games out there. But at the end of the day you get a better deal. Ask your Broker before youboth go look at a boat what you should do if the boat isnt what you want. "Walk Away" should be the answer every time. I know alot of Brokers who will say that. Boating should be a good fun lifestyle, or the worst decision you will ever make. But it all starts at one spot. Buying the boat.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:50 PM
Registered

Maybe I can take Troutly or To Old with me Seems like those guys always have new boats!!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idrpstf,

Your really beginning to take my post to a whole new level. I excepted the power in the boat the moment I signed the contract.
The fact the sales man and their mechanics stated the weaker motor was in fine working order and started blaming the tack and other instrumentation(and charged me diagnostic fees) just shows why I`m upset. If one of your customers had a failure of sorts, would you stay in touch or loose his #? AGAIN THIS IS WHY I`M UPSET! If the motor would have let go during the sea trial, I`d still have bought the boat. I would have tried to nock off a few more bucks, but hey you can`t win them all.

Obnoxious
Old 04-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Registered

Obnoxious,
I agree this got out of hand about ten posts ago but Oh well, once you start posting whatever you say is up for public opinion. I think it is unfortunate what happend to you and the treatment you have recieved following. The post was heading in the direction not only of who is to blame but who is to pay. Brokers get bashed on a regular basis and 90% of it needs to be said. That is why I jumped in with my opinions on this one. Dealers and Brokers deserve the Bad press when they take advantage of customers. But when someone is putting the blame on a company and adding the companys name in code to have other OSO members view we should hear all sides of the story and be direct about not only the subject matter but the Dealer/Broker. Looking at your orig. post it still looks as though you are or where looking to place the blame on a Mechanic,Broker,Dealer or salesperson for your boats problems. I would be bent out of shape too. I do hav customers who have said "After the fact" go back and have them fix this. If its something mechanical that should not (Relative Term) gone wrong Ill go back to whomever did the work and see if they stand behing there work. Many Dont. Ill check and see if the manufacturer has a recall. But as bad of a position as tht puts me in I will not go back to the seller. (If it is brokerage.. New boats, We Battle!!!) But to answer your question, no I would not loose your number. I would call back and be a proffesional by explaining the situation.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problem. Several quick things that you could have done , this post is more to help others so they dont have the same trouble. Always do a compression test and a leak down test. If the tachs are different , swap the tachs. Get a survey so you have recourse against the survey company.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

To Old; This is what gets me about this whole story,I dont know any people in Fla. that I could trust. The type of boat that I want next just isnt around here! If the broker involved in this story had told me his Mechanic would check the motors out I would have gone for it !!!!!!!!! Scares the poop outa me now!!!! That kinda $ with a motor failure would end my summer !!! Still would like to here the other side??? I know Goodfella is connected to one of the names on the signs..........?

Quick Reply: BAD experience with Florida boat broker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.