38 or 42 fountain/388 hustler/382 formula

Notices

38 or 42 fountain/388 hustler/382 formula

Old 09-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by aTX427
I want a Fountain 42 hull with Outerlimits rigging, a Cigarette interior and a Hustler top deck.
I got your back yo!

TADA!!!!! :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/35-Tr...d=p3911.c0.m14

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-15-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

I want a Fountain 42 hull with Outerlimits rigging, a Cigarette interior and a Hustler top deck.

I want a 388 Hustler with a 42 Fountain bottom,staggered 525's with 5.0 Whipple's and #6s

To me the Hustler sits deeper than the 42 and allot deeper than a 36 outlaw,Like a race car the side hits ya mid shoulder.The Outlaw dash/windshield area sits higher than the Hustler siting side by side,Cig also,The Baja with the 496's forget about working on it!!The Fountain cabin seems narrow and smaller than my Hustler,I like the inner liner of the Hustler.The 02 38 Cig ts feels heavier,slower,but once its gets up and running top end its runs with the rest,80 ish,My Buddy's 03 42 staggered 525,ac and gen has a hard time getting on plane,maybe its X ? it seems to ride up on a pad and when ya turn it leans over,like its falling to the side.The Cig I was impressed with the ride,The Hustler feels lighter and more agile.I just don't like the cabin,cockpit room and the recessed cleats of a Cig,why not flush mount and ad pop up cleats,Cig,make it more sleek looking? I ran my Hustler stock for 3 summers,low 80's.Prob my best 3 years.Now with 3 summers with power its makes it ahole lot more fun,except breaking drives.I would think big power would be the same with the other name brands.real responsive.

The 42 tiger with 575's,monster,feels real heavy,slow to plane,bow rise till 60+mph.loooong nose.still runs pretty good up top.Its dieing for more power!!! Whoever designed the rear cockpit area must of wanted a 2 seater,its just no room!! you can barley stand behind the front bolsters,you can forget about any size ice chest,we even have to throw our shoes up front,2 more feet there and BIG power would be a perfect ride and driving boat.Oyea the girls don't like it because no toiletThe 2001 38Formula feels alittle heavy,gets on plane good,has decent speed,nice cabin,cockpit and hatch.they usually have a lot of opts'.

I parked beside a 42. the tips was about 2 foot longer, the bow eye and front cleat were perfectly across from each other,his cockpit was longer,hatch also,stagger engines,the swim platform was close,his in the water mine about 8 inches out of the water,Hustler hatch area was higher,so like they said same wetted area on the bottom.I have a pick some were showing the difference.

Remember Treadwell motor sports race them a few years,did OK.

I would ride/drive them before buying.Ill be running in March your welcome to come drive it

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 09-15-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

They have it....its called a Statement!!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
They have it....its called a Statement!!
The statment looks like it has a bulker looking deck,the deck seam on the side looked to be thicker in that area,I just saw it sitting on a trailer.

I was looking at it in the lot Emerald beach poker run and somebody with a rub rail that has the Philip's head screws that are not flush dug into the side 3 deep gouges.
Thats why I hate boats with the head of screws sticky out,I had 4 different ones on my boat ,and came from a buddy with a Searay,Sux
Rob

Old 09-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Bruce, what did ya do with the Kaama 302 ? J
Old 09-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

supposedly sold it but no cash yet !!!! hey if it sells it sells if it dont it dont. What have you been up to did you get everything running ok. I heard you spun out pretty good. B.H.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

never spun out except for the front drive gimbal bearing is that what ya talkin about ?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388

I was looking at it in the lot Emerald beach poker run and somebody with a rub rail that has the Philip's head screws that are not flush dug into the side 3 deep gouges.
Thats why I hate boats with the head of screws sticky out,I had 4 different ones on my boat ,and came from a buddy with a Searay,Sux
Rob
Had a A/T and a Cig chew some fender covers and leave a nice scratch from the screws
Old 09-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mwdill
Had a A/T and a Cig chew some fender covers and leave a nice scratch from the screws
Mine were above the rub rail.my guys on the front worry more about tying off and not watching the fender if its in the right height,most of the time is from another boats wake,we never tie up in any waves.
Rob