Notices

Nick Carter Racing

Old 09-16-2009, 02:52 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Nick's father was/is a long time Offshore race fan. Nick bought a competative boat for his father and supported his racing for a few years, whats wrong with that? Does it make any difference where the money came from? Some people just complain about everything....
If you are referring to me........ and complaining. I wasn't complaining< i was stating a fact...Nick Carter was a flash in the pan. Now as far as complaining is concerned that should be left to the guys who got hit but that other celebrity who couldn't drive and damn near killed a bunch of boat racers...(and later damn near killed himself in an open wheel car)

90210's Jason Priestly.

Your sport has happily swallowed every line of sh*t dangled in front of it for the past 10 years....

If you are one of the many minions who swallowed the malarkey .........wise up.

T2x
Old 09-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
Another in a long line of temporary stop offs in the sport by a celebrity. Is he still active in show business?
It's too bad Nick didn't share his father's passion, but you know what he had the money to help his father realize his dream to race Offshore. I wish one of my sons could have done that for me.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

And I was going to ask who is Nick Carter? Now I know...
Old 09-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
If you are referring to me........ and complaining. I wasn't complaining< i was stating a fact...Nick Carter was a flash in the pan. Now as far as complaining is concerned that should be left to the guys who got hit but that other celebrity who couldn't drive and damn near killed a bunch of boat racers...(and later damn near killed himself in an open wheel car)

90210's Jason Priestly.

Your sport has happily swallowed every line of sh*t dangled in front of it for the past 10 years....

T2x
Ok first off afaik Nick never was in the boat for racing. He hired a throttleman for his father who drove the boat. Second off unlike Priestly, Mr. Carter could actually turn his boat.

The reason Nick sold the boat was his father suffered a serious back injury. If that had not occurred Nick Carter Racing might still be with us today. Don't you feel better now Mr. Luhrs? "Flash in the pan" indeed.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Nick's father was/is a long time Offshore race fan. Nick bought a competative boat for his father and supported his racing for a few years, whats wrong with that? Does it make any difference where the money came from? Some people just complain about everything....
Yeah, I agree too.

t2- if you weren't complaining, it sounded pretty condescending and negative.
From my perspective, organized boat racing needs any and all help it can get. Flash in the pan or not, I'd bet NC brought more attention to the sport than would have been there had he not participated. I'm not a NC fan or BSB fan, but thought it was cool that he did that for his father.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x

90210's Jason Priestly.

T2x
That was unnerving to watch that unfold with jason behind the wheel, another case of someone spending money in a boat he should of spent money on driving lessons 1st. just like some just move up in boats before they know how to drive and hurt people and boats.. T2x do you recall what jason said happen? and after the car wreak I think he called it quits and went back to the stage THATS ALL FOLKS dah dah daah dah dunduh!!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,656 Likes on 3,775 Posts

First off Nick wasnt in the boat , Niether was his father, after some testing with Lee Murray, Dad needed depends! he was in way over his head.
I cant remember his name but a Dr from KW drove the boat.

T2x hit the mark.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Registered

Wasn't Mark Lafloy in the boat AKA lobster boy on here
Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

NO Dan Campbell was in the 50 Jag when it crashed. Lobsterboy was set up to run a different boat the following year under the NC banner but they never actually ran....
Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

lol. tough crowd!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.