Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrash
Oxford is a private equity company. Their investors are not disclosed. For less than the cost of his new house, some secret investor can own the company. If RF happened to be that secret investor, he would be effectively earning well over $15million in a very down year for the boating industry. Seems clever to me. FPB has never made that much after tax before.

I don't know if I am right, but this hypothesis fits all the data I have seen.
Reggie would have a decent tax loss, assuming his cost basis is reasonably high. Other than that, I don;t see how any money directly flows through to him now, unless you're saying the unrealized gain on the perceived value of the assets they'd buy in October are worth that. It's quite possible that RF secured a sweetheart deal to end up owning a high percentage of the reorganized company, which would still owe Oxford for whatever they paid for the note.

What the heck, I'd rather have some percentage in the new company than 51% of a company that's leveraged to their eyebrows and then some. He didn't get where he is today by being stupid, that's pretty obvious.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think i heard a great sigh of relief from Reggie all the way over here in Michigan

If i were him I would be relieved that some of the pressure is over

I know alot think he will get back into it, but what a great time to retire and just become a consultant or beach bum
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Reggie would have a decent tax loss, assuming his cost basis is reasonably high. Other than that, I don;t see how any money directly flows through to him now, unless you're saying the unrealized gain on the perceived value of the assets they'd buy in October are worth that. It's quite possible that RF secured a sweetheart deal to end up owning a high percentage of the reorganized company, which would still owe Oxford for whatever they paid for the note.

What the heck, I'd rather have some percentage in the new company than 51% of a company that's leveraged to their eyebrows and then some. He didn't get where he is today by being stupid, that's pretty obvious.
That is exactly what I meant.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatme
I think i heard a great sigh of relief from Reggie all the way over here in Michigan

I know alot think he will get back into it, but what a great time to retire and just become a consultant or beach bum
You may easily be right. I'm guessing he can't imagine walking away, you are guessing he's done this long enough, time to move on. In the end, I think Reggie will be in great shape no matter how it all goes down.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Registered

i got a friend in washington. she heard reggie was going to open a new facility in town. have you seen his house? imagine the payment on that monster.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nauti1
i got a friend in washington. she heard reggie was going to open a new facility in town. have you seen his house? imagine the payment on that monster.
Nope never seen it anyone have a picture
Old 09-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a pic of his house but cannot post pics anymore. It is a very nice home!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
I have a pic of his house but cannot post pics anymore. It is a very nice home!
If you have a mailing adress we can probably pull it up on google earth and get a birds eye view
Old 09-25-2009, 09:59 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

If you have a mailing adress we can probably pull it up on google earth and get a birds eye view
From whitepagesdotcom.
Attached Thumbnails Purchasing Fountain Powerboats-reggie.jpg  
Old 09-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

His home is located a mile or so away from the factory on the river.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.