Purchasing Fountain Powerboats >

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like it would cost alot of money to buy that companie, even if hustler is doing real good, in todays market you better be ready for slow sales w/ winter coming on and this kind of shake up i would be real scared of that kind of comitment.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Being a big Hustler fan, im not so sure this is a smart move for them. Joe should really think this through! Keep concentrating on building and sell bad ass Hustler's like that new Rockit about to go to paint!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Being a big Hustler fan, im not so sure this is a smart move for them. Joe should really think this through! Keep concentrating on building and sell bad ass Hustler's like that new Rockit about to go to paint!
I agree, I just don't see how they will ever get the money back that it is going to cost to buy Fountain, if anything maybe come out with a couple of more models like some fishing boats...I just think Reggie bit off more than he could chew with the deal he made with Baja
Old 09-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Perhaps this will be orchastrated the same way Fountain acquired Baja. I would assume Brunswick would have substantial involvment in the proceedings.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered

Brunswick has no involvement in the ownership of Hustler.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered

well if anybody can do it joe can
i bought a 39 rockit this year and i love it
joe,john,mary ellen and everyone at the factory have been so good to deal with,if thay tell you something that is the way it is
thay have been so good to deal with and have made buying a new custom boat very enjoyable
the rockit is all thay said it wouls be and then some
good luck hustler with your future
Old 09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SLOWBOATER
well if anybody can do it joe can
i bought a 39 rockit this year and i love it
joe,john,mary ellen and everyone at the factory have been so good to deal with,if thay tell you something that is the way it is
thay have been so good to deal with and have made buying a new custom boat very enjoyable
the rockit is all thay said it wouls be and then some
good luck hustler with your future
I have had four 388's and every boat has been so much fun.Joe is a straight up guy, the 39 will be the next one. We have become good friends over the years, wouldn't go anywhere else. Send me some pics of your boat if its not to much trouble.
Thanks,
Eric
[email protected]
Old 09-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Registered

Agree with everything said above. Even though at the time we had a used Hustler Joe, Mary Ellen, and everyone at the factory treated us like we just ordered a brand new boat. Whether we saw them at the boat shows or testing a new boat it was always the same. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another Hustler Powerboat! I think I've been to the factory three times and its always a fun experience!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is going up for auction then it is possible there will be other bidders or interests there as well. However If it DOES go up for auction I would much rather see another boating company get it that wants to continue the lines.. Jamie / Lakeside

Last edited by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS; 09-17-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
seems like it would cost alot of money to buy that companie, even if hustler is doing real good, in todays market you better be ready for slow sales w/ winter coming on and this kind of shake up i would be real scared of that kind of comitment.
According to the marine trade journals, Fountain will be sold in the 4 to 6 million dollar range...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.