Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Lets expand

Were the 400 Fountain employees aware they were being "F#*&%D" ? (I'm sure they all wished they would have read OSO for this insight. Now they must feel like idiots for working there)

Did these same employees give a chit where their paycheck was coming from, even if they did work on Reggies house? oops, they were getting "F#*&%D" for working for a paycheck. My bad.

Reggie has ran FPB for how many yrs, and made Fountain what it is? Yeah, I'd say Reggie knows how to run a company. JUST MAYBE the economy has a hand in the hardship. Lets tear into all the other boat builders that have closed up.

Keyboard Jockeys!
Post #40 here:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ve-rest-4.html

He has a track record. He did build Fountain into what it was...He also wrecked it...a few times!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Registered

I like how reggie doesn't approve of the oxford group buying the note. Well, BUY IT YOURSELF with YOUR money. And he keeps talking about the families, blah, blah, like thats all he cares about now. And if liberty is such a reliable partner, may they should have BOUGHT THE NOTE THEMSELVES. The first lien holder is the real OWNER. Reggie is about to become an employee at best.

He trying to be the owner/controller without using a penny of his money.

It's smart if he can pull it off, but the first lien holder is going to be calling the shots.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Curious, did they can the CEO of DONZI? They were sold as well.
That is how most people with money do it, they never risk their own. Not sure why that seems to always be a surprise to people.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 09-30-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hooky40
Reggie is the best person to have in charge of nothing. He created the mess with short-sighted goals and no idea of how to operate a large corporation in tough economic times. Don't blame anyone but Reggie. The employees should hope that Reggie is not allowed in the building ever again, let alone allowed to remain a partner and still be president and CEO. He may have done a lot for the industry, but he F#*&%D all 400 of his employees....and you want him to be in charge again!?! Try thinking like a leader, not a follower.
Tad rough don't you think? This economy has taken out a lot of businesses and thrown millions of people out of their jobs. I blame the fall of the boating industry on high gasoline prices, falling home values, and high unemployment nationwide not Reggies mismanagement. As far a screwing his employees, didn't he pay them what they were owed?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vtec
I like how reggie doesn't approve of the oxford group buying the note. Well, BUY IT YOURSELF with YOUR money. And he keeps talking about the families, blah, blah, like thats all he cares about now. And if liberty is such a reliable partner, may they should have BOUGHT THE NOTE THEMSELVES. The first lien holder is the real OWNER. Reggie is about to become an employee at best.

It's smart if he can pull it off, but the first lien holder is going to be calling the shots.
I bet Oxford is going to sell the note to Liberty at a handsome profit. Or they will hold on to it and simply collect the mortgage payments. Either way they will profit if Fountain continues as a company.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

To all you jerk off keyboard jockeys. Erwin Jacobs filed Bako also. Name doesn't ring a bell. GENMAR. that includes Glastron, Larson, Carver, ranger, SCARAB...ect....he towers Reggie in net worth and is the largest boat manufacuter in the WORLD. Anyone want to start bashing him? How many times has Cig been banko? give it a rest.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

Everyone is making it soound like reggie had a game plan to run the compnay into the ground. If you know reggie or even talked to him for 1 second you would know how he feels about his company. The man lives at the plant. I challange anyone who is barking crap to keep up with him for a week
Old 09-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered

If you would have put one hand on each of his AZZ cheeks and pushed real hard... your head would have popped out!Then you would have been able to hear Reggie himself say (in a recent interview) that he wasted millions on advertising and should have saved for a rainy day.

I don't care how much he loved the company! A smart person would have stepped back after coming close to bankruptcy (several times) and figured out what the problem is.

I would'nt use the economy as the main problem. He purchased baja and continued to waste money right up until the news broke this time. He chose to ignore the economy and hope for the best.

Must go...my horse is coming!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Registered

you guys are awful rough on him. but i gotta admit, it makes for good reading.

Last edited by fountainemp; 09-30-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Registered

So...whats your point. What about Erwin Jacobs? or all the other boat company's? there all dumb too? you are saying Reggie is STUPID? lets see your credentials Mr. Todd Hartigh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.