My Hustler Gets A  *Mitcher T Paint Job* >

My Hustler Gets A *Mitcher T Paint Job*

Notices

My Hustler Gets A *Mitcher T Paint Job*

Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi everyone. First I want to apologize for not keeping everyone up to date or responding sooner but there was some problems with the paint job so I did not want to respond until things were fixed.

Mitch flew down with one of his workers to try and rectify the situation. They spent some time working on the boat and fixing some of the problem areas to a point where I felt it was acceptable.

As everyone knows this has been a very long and stressful project and I am satisfied enough with the job to where I have moved on.

I am now putting my efforts into getting the boat back together and look forward to enjoying the 2010 season!

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Hi everyone. First I want to apologize for not keeping everyone up to date or responding sooner but there was some problems with the paint job so I did not want to respond until things were fixed.

Mitch flew down with one of his workers to try and rectify the situation. They spent some time working on the boat and fixing some of the problem areas to a point where I felt it was acceptable.

As everyone knows this has been a very long and stressful project and I am satisfied enough with the job to where I have moved on.

I am now putting my efforts into getting the boat back together and look forward to enjoying the 2010 season!

Rob

I'm glad she is going back together...I'm ready for this year to end.... and have a better start in 10...
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitcher T
Thanks for the support everyone!

Rob is a great guy and he is a perfectionist. I was very impressed with how much he loves his Hustler. He has his drives of in the garage and he sanded the lower units down with 46 grit paperand then worked up to maybe 3000 grit and has polished them to a mirror polish! Jeez, he spent like 4 months doing that! He knows that they will tarnish when he drops it back in the water, but I'm sure he'll keep up with them.

He was always very congenial to work with, just very fussy and concerned. I can appreciate that. I had to take my work to a new level for him. I hope it is worth it.
I did notice the polished lowers...man they're shiny..hope we can see some pics after he completes the installation.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitcher T
Thanks for the support everyone!

Rob is a great guy and he is a perfectionist.

He was always very congenial to work with, just very fussy and concerned. I can appreciate that. I had to take my work to a new level for him. I hope it is worth it.

Strip is a good guy and has been around show cars /paint etc for about his entire life . He expects top workmanship and nothing less when doing something for him , he will catch any and every fisheye , divit , dry spot , sand scratch in the clear, etc.

As you saw his lowers , they are probably the best looking pair you or anyone will ever see ,that's what he expects with paint , top notch workmanship with no cut corners .

Now , if he can just find someone who will balance his truck tires without scatching a rim
Old 12-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Have Been In The Boating Industry For Many Years And Have Seen Hundreds Of Different Custom Paint Jobs I Have Had The Pleasure Of Meeting Mitchr T A While Back And Have Seen About 50 To 60 Of Mitch's Paint Jobs Since It Does Not Matter If Is A Scratch Or A Complete Repaint Mitch Does Excellent Work I Dont Think There Is A Finer Painter Anywhere In The Country Mitch Does First Class Work And As Soon I Scratch My New Fountain I Will Only Take It To Mitch
I Am Already Planning On Mitch Doing A Complete Repaint After The First Season Anyway
To Paint A 40 Boat Is Alot Of Work I Know Ive Tried It Can Not Be Completely Perfect A Boat Hull Is Not Perfect But The One Thing You Can Count On With Mitch Is That It Will Be As Close To Perfect As Possible