Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Decision made Active Thunder/Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21725-decision-made-active-thunder-cigarette.html)

Gordo 04-16-2002 02:21 PM

I know exactly who the Wizard is talking about. His clues gave it away.
I to have talked with this gentleman. Actually, we talked for quite some time when I was at the shop a couple of weeks ago. I have the highest respect for his experience and his knowledge, both in glass/rigging, and racing.
1. He has never bad-mouthed Powerplay boats to me.
2. It seems that he would have good reason to if he wanted to.

Indy 04-16-2002 02:55 PM

ThunderousDaze - Thanks for the comments. Did Harry Schoell design all your hulls or just the longer ones? The reason I ask is because my next boat will probably still be a 28' boat. I will be looking at ATs as well as a few others.

AC 04-16-2002 03:33 PM

AT used their center console 28 hull. They cut off the molded platform off the back and used the deck from the 32 AT cut down!

AC 04-16-2002 03:55 PM

Originally posted by AC
AT used their center console 28 hull. They cut off the molded platform off the back and used the deck from the 32 AT cut down!
corrected - 31 Center Console hull!

thunderdan 04-16-2002 04:24 PM

I have similar experiences with this gentleman from AT and have spent easily 2 hours with this gentleman and he never, not once bad mouthed any other boat builder and he had plenty of opportunities to. :)

I am all talked or typed out on this subject. I am fortunate to have the boat that I do and I love all power boats, regardless of size or manufacturer.

Anyway, it is 90 degrees here in Jersey and I can not wait to go boating.........Hopeful someone will bring their boat down to the NJPPC kick of party at Dave and Busters this weekend.:p :D

AC 04-16-2002 04:31 PM

Originally posted by thunderdan
I have similar experiences with this gentleman from AT and have spent easily 2 hours with this gentleman and he never, not once bad mouthed any other boat builder and he had plenty of opportunities to. :)

I am all talked or typed out on this subject. I am fortunate to have the boat that I do and I love all power boats, regardless of size or manufacturer.

Anyway, it is 90 degrees here in Jersey and I can not wait to go boating.........Hopeful someone will bring their boat down to the NJPPC kick of party at Dave and Busters this weekend.:p :D

Dan,

Are you bringing the new baot?

AC

AC 04-16-2002 04:32 PM

Originally posted by AC

Dan,

Are you bringing the new baot?

AC

boat!

thunderdan 04-16-2002 04:34 PM

Nope,:( it is still in Fla. I will be at the Atlantic City Poker Run with it though. Are you going to do the Poker Run?:D

AC 04-16-2002 04:41 PM

No but will be doing the Delaware River run!

AC

cuda 04-16-2002 05:08 PM

As far as all the discussions about this boat vs. that on this board- AT and otherwise, maybe it's time to step back and think of those less fortunate- those who will never own something like these machines at all. There are families with a simple runabout that equal or exceed our enjoyments in boating, and that boat is more than enough for them. It's all a matter of priorities.

No matter what you drive, I for one am going to give you a smile, a wave, and a thumbs up. I can only hope for a genuine one in return! [/B][/QUOTE]

Well said!

Hasn't it occured to anyone there may be more than one great boat? The difinition of a great boat lies with who's doing the defining. I would give my left nut to own any of these boats that are being complimented or bashed. I suggest we all step away from the puder, get in our own "great boat" and go out and have some fun! It's like any argument, the more you state your case, the more the other person is sure he is right! In the wise words of Dale Carnegie "The only way to win an argument is to avoid it"