Decision made Active Thunder/Cigarette

Old 04-13-2002, 08:26 PM
ScreaminDemon

must be confidence in the product.

Old 04-13-2002, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I'm sorry, but I dont qet the comparison. A Ferrari and a Hyundi both roll down the road, but that does not make them comparable !
You obviously purchased the thunder becouse it was approximatly half the price of the Cigarette. If you make a price purchase- call it that, and nothing more !
If you think for one moment these two boats are in the same league I believe you need an education in boat manufacturing.
Think about 30 years of breaking things and making them better vs about 5 years.
Congradulations on your purchase and I hope you have many hours of enjoyment on it.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:49 PM
ScreaminDemon

Boscoe, you are not familiar with todays powerboats are you?
it basicallygoes as follows:
Outerlimits
Cigarette
Active Thunder
Apache
Pantera
Sunsation

Last edited by ScreaminDemon; 04-13-2002 at 09:55 PM.

Old 04-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Lightbulb

Gee,

Decades of refinement !

Old 04-13-2002, 10:14 PM
ROUGHSTUFF

Too Old, Thanks I didn't know Pantera offered a LIFETIME warranty on theirs hulls. That makes two manufacturers, is their anybody else that is that confident in their product. I've got a bunch of degrees hanging on the wall, but none in boat building so I would be interested in the education also.

Old 04-13-2002, 10:17 PM
ThunderousDaze

Some try, some fail...Success comes from those with knowledge (or the money to pay for it).

Old 04-13-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

Hey Screamin, you know who Bosco is, don't you ?
Old 04-13-2002, 11:13 PM
ROUGHSTUFF

Bosco, I'm not saying Cig isn't a great product, because it is. But the comment you made about years of refinement makes it sound like the longer your in business the better you are! Well, everyday I see old companies that have been around for years, fail and go out of business, because they have failed to adapt and change to the needs of the market and it's customers. I also see young companies blossoming because they have learned quickly to meet the needs of the customers with new technology etc. So older isn't always better.

Old 04-13-2002, 11:40 PM
Registered

Bosco

I don’t know where any of you guys come up with these comparisons. I do own a Ferrari and I do not see the comparison with any of these boats and a Ferrari. Let’s face it, these are hand laid up fiberglass hulls with big block GM motors. Hardly the stock that is bred from formula 1 racing. More like NASCAR. Most of the boats have Mercury power and drives. The majority of hardware is aftermarket, and they all use most of the same manufactures. That leaves the hull and assembly. I have been to most of the factories. I have also seen how Cigarette and Active Thunder are built. I have owned a Cigarette and they are built quite well, but I think the Active Thunder is more high tech. They also use all composite materials in their construction of the hull more like a Ferrari. I don’t believe Ferrari is using wood any longer. Again my decision was based on ride performance not cost.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:15 AM
Registered

Hey Skypirate, I was looking at a Ferrari. But after all the test drives, you know, looking at acceleration, cornering, braking and top speed, I chose the F350. Call me crazy...............oh did I forget to mention all of these test were towing a 10,000 lb boat.

By the way you're right, Ferrari does not use wood any more.

I hope you enjoy your new boat. It certainly has brought up some interesting threads here on OSO.

Quick Reply: Decision made Active Thunder/Cigarette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.