Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Decision made Active Thunder/Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21725-decision-made-active-thunder-cigarette.html)

Jassman 04-15-2002 03:06 PM

AC, I agree with you 100%, but, you never anwsered any of my questions:confused:confused: probably wont, but take care anyways:)

Indy 04-15-2002 03:16 PM

AC never answered any of my questions either Jassman. Why bother posting an issue if you don't want to explain it :confused:

AC 04-15-2002 03:42 PM

Originally posted by Indy
AC never answered any of my questions either Jassman. Why bother posting an issue if you don't want to explain it :confused:
AT took back the boat and sold it for me! I took a big shot $$
I went through a lot of S%#$&*T! You would fell the same way!
I had many other boats (Sunsation/Baja/Cigarette/Formula) and never went through what I went through with AT.
What I stated was the facts!

RiverGirl 04-15-2002 05:46 PM

eeeh...
is it me or am I ALWAYS seeing AT Boys bashing others .?

:rolleyes:

thunderdan 04-15-2002 06:38 PM

rivergirl,

it is usually after a bit of provoking.:D

ScreaminDemon 04-15-2002 06:41 PM

Rivergirl, your popularity makes you a favorite, but your judgement is flawed...the AT boys ONLY stand up for themselves when attacked, if you would read closely, they do not start the bashing (like the Powerplay Rep) their is a big difference, but we can see what side you are on since the OSO people are friends of the owner of Powerplay.

ActiveThunderTodd 04-15-2002 07:56 PM

I'm sorry for the impression that some seem to have regarding AT owners. If one reads the threads closely, then its easy to see that At owners did not attact anyone. Cmparisons were made by other individuals and At people defended thier descions. At has been making boats a long time now. I would venture to say that the current ownership of AT has been in place longer than the current ownership of Cig. In all honesty that really doesn't mean alot unless one were to have an older boat with a lifetime worranty and needs something looked at. Cigs are great boats....no one denies that fact. AT's are great boats...for some reason people want to not admit to that fact. Powerpalys are great boats...if you can get one...no one denies that fact. Why can't we just agree that offshore performance boats great and as long as one is happy with the descion they make then lets leave it at that. Skypirate gave hisreasons for choosing AT over Cig and yet people still say it was a descion based on money when he has clearly stated that IF the Cig had fit his needs he would have glady payed to have one. And based on pricing Ive seen advertised, I don't think you could realisticly ever get an AT for half the price of a CIG. If you could I'd be getting my 37' AT tomorrow along with alot of other people, I'd imagine.

Now in the immortal words of Rodney King..."Can't we all just get along?":D ;)

Whatdoin 04-15-2002 09:11 PM

Basically, one doesn't shoot at a dying bird on the ground, one that is flopping around in pain, instead, you go for the bird sitting high up in the tree, the one that is happy and proud. Seems AT is way up there and many are taking shots. BUT what most don't understand is there are plenty of trees and a lot of room for many high flying birds...but very few see this and they just sit on the ground floping and trying to throw rocks...complaining and not trying to do something better. Remember, it's "one-branch" at a time!

Whatdoin 04-15-2002 09:24 PM

You see, the space between the cells on even the most dense foams is air that eventually breaks down. Good lumber holds better becouse of the chris cross of grain as well as the fibrous nature of a tree.
THIS SEEMS TO BE A VERY STUPID COMMENT, MORE LIKE A COMENT FROM SOMEONE WHO CAN'T AFFORD QUALITY MATERIALS...WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT WOOD ($20 A SHEET) IN A BOAT WHEN YOU CAN HAVE A QUALITY COMPOSITE ($500 A SHEET)...JUST CURIOUS!

RiverGirl 04-15-2002 11:20 PM

I just love ruffling feathers around here!

My judgment flawed…?
Can you really stand behind your statements, ScreaminDemon..?

But how do I know you guys aren’t part of AT or best friends with the
Owners of AT..?
and maybe you’re making these statements based on fear of threat in the industry..?

Would that be fair for me to judge.. as you are judging me..?

Nor, do I have to explain whom I am friends with or not.
I guess if I thought that way
I wouldn’t like Skater nor Apache…. only Cigarette…?

I don’t know the PowerPlay boys well. Nor do I know this Bosco fella…
But, from what I gather when I met them...
very nice guys, whom I feel are doing their best and believe in their product.
But because they don’t talk much about it, you’re going to question the product..?
I have heard nothing but good about the boat!
I guess time will tell.

The comments I have read, don’t seem much, except for assumptions.
That’s all.
I don’t feel that any of you have sound concrete facts!
So if you are just assuming, then why say a darn thing.

Basically, you guys just did to me, what Bosco did for PowerPlay.
Stand up to what he believes is a good product.
I guess that’s my point.
Why make comments off of flawed judgment..?

I am proud to see you guys stand behind the products you believe in.
I’m sure it makes the owner of AT proud to have you guys as customers.

I have yet to experience the pleasure of meeting the owner
of AT or experiencing what the AT is all about.
Maybe someday I will get to enjoy the AT experience...all around!

I think we should appreciate all offshore boats/ manufactures.
For goodness sakes, they are manufactured because of the love of the sport for us to enjoy!
So why be against someone who loves the same sport/hobby/industry as we do?

my thoughts on Cigarette / AT …
When I look at a Cigarette….. I think about all the history behind it.
How does AT compare to that?
What’s AT history..?
Does it have the ledgens name.. whom started all of this ...."Don A's"
name behind it..?
how long have they been around..?
Educate me.
;)
;) ;) ;) :cool: