Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Restaurants and clubs in Fort Lauderdale (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/217293-restaurants-clubs-fort-lauderdale.html)

Smarty 09-22-2009 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 2958111)
:evilb:Boy I loved it back in 85 =shooters/candy store/ penrods? I think was a place with wet tees across from the beach. I think that was the last year you could get a drink and cross the street. after that they had the NJ barriers up and you could not leave a joint with your drinks. are any of those places still there oh another was confetti'es [sp] I THINK IT WAS ON A SIDE ROAD TO THE STRIP, they had dancing at night. that was my late spring break, I was there in a one room motel room with a king and couch with my sis and her 4 girlfriends it was a last mintue thing. I was 27 they were 21 to 25. I had a good time, safed a few from getting raped by some punks that did not know we were all togethere one night at shooters they had there daddys grady white ask a couple of the girls to go for a ride. girls went to the bathroom, I heard guys talking trash about how they were going to make them put out or swim back. So and a few guys I meet during the week put the fair into god into the punks infront of the girls hahaha. it was fun down there for sure back then four of us trying to sleep in one bed while two split the couch.:evilb:boy I miss the candy store and the red & white stripe bathing suit.:hitit::evilb:

I am with you on that, I miss those old days. I was attending University of Maryland from 1983 to 1986 (I transferred after that). Springbreak was Ft. Lauderdale.

A sorority girl I used to date dropped out of college, and was working down there during those years at the Candy Store (and dancing). Elbow room, happy hours at Biltmore, Jersey barriers, it was some memorable times other than the black-out drunk times. You took me back there with your post, thank you.

Stephen

fobes 09-22-2009 04:34 PM

Haven't been down there in a few years but Beach Place, Max's at the Riverfront, Shooters were all good.
Matt

Here's Johnny 09-22-2009 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse (Post 2958194)
Cafe Moderano on Oakland is the best.

Ditto......or head a little south to the Diplomat Hotel...... Nicki Marina is on the Intercoastal side........real nice waterfront atmosphere......

McGary911 09-22-2009 05:20 PM

I always liked the Elbo Room. They have web cams, so you can call up your friends at work, and they get to watch you drink beer and have fun. http://www.elboroom.com

JasonSmith 09-22-2009 06:23 PM

Billy's Stone Crab Restaurant. Best frickin food I've had in years!
They are in Hollywood. 400 N. Ocean Dr.
Get the Salmon done Key West style & a bottle of wine.

Ed 09-22-2009 07:36 PM

If on the water, Houston's in Pompano, next to the Atlantic Blvd. Intracoastal bridge. Still my old standby for good food/drinks...

AIR TIME 09-22-2009 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 2958234)
I am with you on that, I miss those old days. I was attending University of Maryland from 1983 to 1986 (I transferred after that). Springbreak was Ft. Lauderdale.

A sorority girl I used to date dropped out of college, and was working down there during those years at the Candy Store (and dancing). Elbow room, happy hours at Biltmore, Jersey barriers, it was some memorable times other than the black-out drunk times. You took me back there with your post, thank you.

Stephen

cool glad to hear that, I think I had the 1st baseball helmut with the drink holders on each side it with out any shut offs, and when I came back to mass they did not sell them here until 88 or so but they then had a shut off. and in 85 there was no barriers that year they started in 86 I think:eek::evilb:

Todd Hartigh 09-22-2009 10:33 PM

Anything downtown is good for the young crowd. The beach front is awsome, bars are fun...Blondes and The Elbow Room are my favorites. Bimany Boat House, Le Tub, and the Rustic Inn are the only places to eat.

thedonz 09-22-2009 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny (Post 2958291)
Ditto......or head a little south to the Diplomat Hotel...... Nicki Marina is on the Intercoastal side........real nice waterfront atmosphere......

Nicki Marina closed down\

cowisl 09-23-2009 07:45 AM

The Cove on Friday nights is a cant miss.