OT: opinions on the Ducati 748

Notices

OT: opinions on the Ducati 748

Old 04-05-2002, 11:17 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: opinions on the Ducati 748

well looke liek i'm not gettig a new boat this season. the one i haev beenschemeing to get for a while sold. Loosk lieki am goignto just finsih the work on my current boat andhang onto her for another season. I will list it and keep it for sale so if she sells she sell and i'll pick somethign up over next winter.

So I gotta geta new toy for the summer. What do you guys think of eth ducati 748? I havn't riden one and most places won;t let you ride it prior to purchasing it. Hw is it compred to say an R6 of one of the other jap bikes? I know theya re way more expensive but is the cost justified? Honestly eth biek i wodl really liek to get is an Aprillia but they don't make a smaller size 600-750. And there bigger bikes are just more bike and engine that i really want.

Any local (NY area) members that have one?
Old 04-05-2002, 11:56 AM
supercrash

Don't know to much about them...I was looking at a 95 or so 900 ...just for summer fun..Like you said about the m3...you only see a handfull of Ducatis compared to 100's of jap bikes...nothing against the jap bikes..I have owned many..and they build the best street and dirt bikes..oh well..sorry I wasn't much help

Old 04-05-2002, 01:47 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

SC glad to see we are all gettign along these days
i like the way the r6 rides and i liek ethw ay it loosk but i really like eth ducatis and from other ducati i know they are great bikes so if anyone has opinions of the 748 please voice them
Old 04-05-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

Hey Puder,

You spelling sucks!!!

I've had a few bikes, but I got out of it for my own safety reasons, I'm too nuts on them, and it was only a matter of time, but I do love them. I looked at getting a 748, and rode a yellow one that a guy I work with has, and it's a fun bike all around and really cool, but I'm 6' and I felt really cramped on it. It's made for 5'-7", 150lb guys. If you check em out again, sit on one in riding position. For me, after a few minutes my hands would go numb cuz my arms had to support all the weight of my upper body. That was about my only complaint about it, but It would look good sitting in the garage, I just wasnt comfortable riding it.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Registered

Ducks are very nice bikes, the only complaint (not really even a complaint) is that I thought the trans were very loud. They tend to sound like there is not enough oil In the case.
Rob, I have a '98 900RR that Is not in my best interest like you say. I try to convince myself Im going to be good today, Im not going nuts. Yeah, your buddy comes a little too close to you and then 4 gears later and 1 mile of flooting the front tire 4 inches off the ground, 169mph is what the speedo reads. And thats being good.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:35 PM
Registered

What's a 748 cost, $11-$12k or so, and what with valve adjustments every few thousand miles? A Japanese 600, new, will cost you at most $8k, is faster by far, and will run forever on the occasional oil change.

Damn those twin pipes sound good though...
Old 04-05-2002, 02:57 PM
Registered

Default I would be embarrassed.......

How in the world could you expect anyone to take you serious, when the 5 year old next door can spell better than you. JEEZ, do you even read what you write, probably not, so why should everyone else on this site be subjected to your torture...
Old 04-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Hey Chris......why don't you tell him how you really feel........sheesh

Anyways........I have one word for the 748...and it ain't pretty......

WEAK
Old 04-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Registered

I got a bike for ya.... am getting ready to post it on trader and a few other sites.....is a total custom. none other in the world...and only 5 of these chassis in the states.... powered by kawi kz 1327 cc with a turbo and nos.... it is a great bike.... but i am clenaing house.. I've got a couple magazine write ups on it if you might be interested... just something to chew on....seeya
Attached Thumbnails OT: opinions on the Ducati 748-martin-show2.jpg  
Old 04-05-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

oh yea almost forgot... it has 1 ducati part on it... the rear fenderette..... abotu all the ducati i would ever care to have.....

Quick Reply: OT: opinions on the Ducati 748

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.