Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette Mystique (rate) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21787-cigarette-mystique-rate.html)

Donzi Corleone 04-07-2002 09:43 PM

Cigarette Mystique (rate)

How long has this model been out?Looking around classifieds most are 2001 or newer.Are their any negatives about this model,I know its a Cig.and faults and Cigs. are non existent.:cool:

KN 04-07-2002 09:56 PM

All I know is the new models are stepped hulls, sorry I can't shed some more light on this for you.

Kirk

BODYSHOT1 04-07-2002 10:14 PM

..I went on a Poker Run aboard a 30 last year...beautiful boat, but I agree with Mike..the cockpit is cramped..really couldn't stand behind the bolster while running...

Check the NJPPC site/classifieds..the one I was on is listed..brand-new condition..
:cool:

Hot Duck 04-08-2002 01:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is my understanding that the original Mystique hull does not handle nearly as well as the new stepped bottomed version. I do not know that first hand, but I have heard it from a few different people. I must say that the Mystique is a fantastic looking boat, but for the price I would consider a Top Gun. A little more money for a lot more boat. This is just my personal, heavily biased opinion. I just traded in a 2000 Top Gun TS to Lip-Ship in Miami for a new race boat, but I loved that 38!!! This is a picture of it below.

www.lipship.com

Hot Duck 04-08-2002 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:cool:

Shorty 04-08-2002 11:17 AM

I looked at a non-stepped Mystique at a boat show a couple years ago. Except for the dash, they looked remarkably similiar to the Bullet's they've been making for years. It's got more of a Topgun style dash/windscreen area. Sharp looking, and it's a good size boat for the type of boating that I do, but it was real pricey. I figured I'd be much better off with a used Bullet.

SummerObsession 04-08-2002 11:33 AM

Can anybody compare the Mystique with the playboy 35? Given the same power (assuming 500's) what is the handling and performance diff?

SummerObsession 04-08-2002 03:46 PM

Anyone...opinions?

Brad 04-08-2002 04:57 PM

I heard the first few Mystiques had a problem with porpusing.(sp?) I own a Playboy and I can tell you that the Playboy is great in rough water. What is the price of the Mystique?

Donzi Corleone 04-08-2002 08:52 PM

With twin 500`s they wanted 235K,YEAH I thought thats a little pricey for 30 ft of boat. no way that boat can be worth that kinda money!The 500`s are Merc. power not Teague or Chief.The one thing I cant understand is the same power in all these $$$$$ boats are the same power u can find in a Baja,Bayliner,or any other Boat mfg.These engines are not like comparing a BMW to a Mercedes,so why the hugh$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for fiberglass and vinyl.Dont get me wrong I LOVE THE HELL OUTA OF THEM,but I dont see this kinda money to mfg.them.Oh,I know R&D,but the molds never change other then to tweek the existing one.Today we have computers that can do almost what the water will do given the parameters it`s given. I know splashing will always be needed.Have u ever seen the individuals that are assembling these boats.Can u say INS.Ok, I vented,but I still would buy one in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!FEVER MIKE that was me in a 22ZX at the poker run.OPBA will have a Poker Run in St. Pete on April 20 let me know if your intrested,75.00 a boat and were staying at the Sarasota Hyatt.Room cost 129.00 OPBA special,they blocked 40 rooms..:D