If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Re: Avanti 22

Re: Avanti 22

I am considering purchasing a 1996 Avanti 22. I am in Southern California and never heard of or seen this boat before. I stumbled across it while searching for Powerplays. After my research I am guessing this is an east coast built boat?

Can anyone tell me about these boats? Any problems with these boats? Construction quality, fit and finish? This one is equipped with a 451 hp 454ci V8 mated to a Bravo 1. Any ideas what this might do on GPS with this power?

much thanks

OSO Moderator Charter Member SpeedGirl's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Avanti & Formula 280SS
    New York
    I own one.... I have never had a problem, handles great in rough water!!
    It had a small block blower motor - I say had because we gutted the boat to take the bolsters out and make it a sit-down boat, still in progress of putting back together....
    You are judged by the company you keep!

My Boats:
    magnum 27 sedan
    miami fl

the original avanti was located in miami i can tell you this becouse my father was the original owner back in the 70s 80s and 90s theres another company in ny but not original, its a well respected name here in miami and any boat before 1997 is great