Notices

Re: Avanti 22

Old 10-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Avanti 22

I am considering purchasing a 1996 Avanti 22. I am in Southern California and never heard of or seen this boat before. I stumbled across it while searching for Powerplays. After my research I am guessing this is an east coast built boat?

Can anyone tell me about these boats? Any problems with these boats? Construction quality, fit and finish? This one is equipped with a 451 hp 454ci V8 mated to a Bravo 1. Any ideas what this might do on GPS with this power?

much thanks
Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

I own one.... I have never had a problem, handles great in rough water!!
It had a small block blower motor - I say had because we gutted the boat to take the bolsters out and make it a sit-down boat, still in progress of putting back together....
Old 01-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avanti

the original avanti was located in miami i can tell you this becouse my father was the original owner back in the 70s 80s and 90s theres another company in ny but not original, its a well respected name here in miami and any boat before 1997 is great