Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why Me? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/217900-why-me.html)

KNOT-RIGHT 10-03-2009 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2965371)
The good luck turned bad. I had 2 of my guys working on re-attaching the tongue so we could get the boat back to the shop. The were putting a 2.5" square steel tube into the 3.5" broken AL square. My main guy Carlos that handles all the boat stuff for me was working on the tube and the other guy which has only been working for us for 1 day was taking apart the old broken tongue. Not sure exactly what happened but the tounge shifted and the new guy lost 2 of his finger tips.
He's a good ole county boy and wanted to wrap his shirt around his hand and keep working. I had them drag him to the ER. When I got there his fingernails were in the street. I can't believe this happened to this poor guy on hos first day/
I called him tonight to see how he was doing. He appologized for not finishing the job and said if i give him one more chance he will never let something like this happen again. OBVIOUSLY he is not from south Florida. Normally they go to th lawyer first, then the ER!

Sounds like a good guy.
Good idea on the inner square.

LubeJobs42 10-03-2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT (Post 2965502)
Sounds like a good guy.
Good idea on the inner square.

I took a good look at the trailer this morning and I don't see any blood on it anywhere so i guess we will give him one more chance!:p

Scott B 10-04-2009 08:51 AM

G, glad to hear it didn't happen on the highway.. I really really hope I never hear about one of your "adventures" on the 5PM news.. :) :)

I'll be real curious to see how Myco explains and handles this.. I've seen the trailer, it is always sharp and obviously well maintained. IMO there is NO excuse for this on an off the lot bolt together trailer, let alone a what, 30k custom built trailer??

vtec 10-04-2009 04:19 PM

aluminum-not such a good fatigue life.

dykstra 10-04-2009 07:41 PM

Dayummm!

LubeJobs42 10-04-2009 11:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin (Post 2965398)
Talk about lucky! You got to be very happy that the damage the bed was the only damage.

Do you have any close up pics of the old tongue and the broken beam? It looks waaaay to weak, on the pics, to handle that kind of weight! Especially if it's aluminium...

Here you go. It was a clean break right along the weld. You can see it was a fresh break, there is no discoloration on the crack as if it was cracked and the aluminun exposed to the elements.

1HYPER1 10-05-2009 09:35 AM

Gino I have to say that if anything can happen it will and the first one will be you.That sucks and I hope your man will be Ok.

Strip Poker 388 10-05-2009 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Scott B (Post 2965973)
G, glad to hear it didn't happen on the highway.. I really really hope I never hear about one of your "adventures" on the 5PM news.. :) :)

I'll be real curious to see how Myco explains and handles this.. I've seen the trailer, it is always sharp and obviously well maintained. IMO there is NO excuse for this on an off the lot bolt together trailer, let alone a what, 30k custom built trailer??

I seem to remember some other Myco's that this happened to also.Theres a thread on it here somewhere,It must be the weak link.God I hope mine never does it.

I guess the chains werent going to help:eek:

Gino consider your self lucky,

Rob:drink:

DORaymond 10-05-2009 02:08 PM

That box tube should have been steel bolted into the aluminum frame of the trailer.