Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity Powerboats ad in Poker Runs America

I'm just curious in the ad it says:

2001 APBA World Champion
2001 National Champion
2001 Kilo World Record Holder

" Velocity Powerboats have also set more records and have
the highest number of wins in a NON-STEPPED HULL design"

I like Velocitys I think the 390 and the new 28 are nice boats just looking for some clairification (sp?) What class did they win the World Championship in? and National Championship? APBA or SBI and what about the Kilo record I know they hold the old E class record but that was in 1999 or 2000?

And do they really have more wins than Cigarette, Sutphen, SuperBoat, and even non stepped Fountains?

Could someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks, Kirk
Old 04-06-2002, 03:59 PM
wilerty

On Velocity's web site under Racing they show "A Class APBA 2001 World and National Champions Steve Kildahl- Throttleman
David Murphy- Driver Chris Volufin- Navigator "APBA A Class Kilo Record Holder" ".

Velociraptor did very well a few yers ago.

Old 04-06-2002, 04:38 PM
Registered

hey kirk,

i noticed that also. i just chalked it up to the to the maufacturers trying to embelish some.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:48 AM
KN
Registered

Thanks for clearing things up Fever Mike, any guess on what manufacturer has the most victories in a non stepped hull?

Kirk
Old 04-07-2002, 08:31 PM
ScreaminDemon

what the hell does "step" versus "non-step" have to do with anything? Is racing divided into step vs. non stepped classes? Propably not, so whats the big deal...cause steve stepp can't figure it out (he's a country boy). Actually, the boat would run so much better if it was stepped, but then STEPP is probably so hard headed that he won't give in to the future...remember the horse and buggy? they were popular once!

Old 04-07-2002, 08:43 PM
KN
Registered

ScreaminDemon step hull vs non step hull doesn't have anything to do with anything else, a win is a win regardless of equipment. I just started this tread because I was curious if the ad Velocity ran was indead true, They were the ones claiming to be World, and National Champions and Kilo record holders, and to have more wins than anybody else in a non stepped hull. Just wondering if it was true.

Kirk
Old 04-07-2002, 09:08 PM
ScreaminDemon

Your right a win is a win, BUT, you must be A complete DUMMY! Of course step vs non-step has EVERYTHING to do with it, you ACTUALLY asked THE QUESTION!

Old 04-07-2002, 09:22 PM
KN
Registered

ScreaminDemon whats up with then name calling, you don't even know me. Do you always go around calling people names who ask questions
Old 04-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Screamin could be worse I guess If they were building Cats! Crist Imagine Non Stepped Catamarans there is only one guy I have seen Get it right on Vee Bottoms That is Mr Harry Everyone else is throwing Darts or whatever!!

Best Regards
Old 04-07-2002, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually Old guy I am a believer in the Stepped Bottom ,I have seen only one Guy Get it right ! Some of rest would be better off as a straight Vee though.
Best Regards

Quick Reply: Velocity Powerboats ad in Poker Runs America

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.