this really pisses me off - new BS law

Notices

this really pisses me off - new BS law

Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
Slinky,

To play devil's on this, no one down here on the bay or sound fishes for stripers after Nov or flounder in the spring?

The fact that you say it "only $25 - $100" says to me you are saying "just break the law and pay the fines and shut up you can afford it"

It's not the money and whether or not it's directed at duck boats it includes a 20' Cigarette or 18' Donzi.

I'm sorry but it's your attitude that keeps these things coming at us, it's just one more law, just one more fine, one more everything.

I don't want to sound like a crazy but it is out of hand and getting worse.

When Obama runs on the promise of no more troops, no more war and now says oops more troops have to go - why can't we the people sue him for breech? He either lied or did not have the mental capcity to understand the situation either way why can't we fine him if even just $25!!!!
i wasnt saying to break the law. I'm in the under 21' range with my boat so i'd be stuck with this law if they move it to an all year thing.
I was just correcting the first post where they had said it was $100 to $250.

so get off your pedistal and dont put me in the class of the people breaking laws just because they can. I'm one of the few boaters on the lake who actually have gone out and got my boaters licence. This should be a mandatory law across the country!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
We'll wait until that actually happens before getting upset.

For now, this makes a lot of sense; the majority of boating fatalities are from falling overboard from small boats.
From up in this area its all the duck hunters that go out in their little aluminum boats top heavy with all their duck blinds then think its a good idea to stand up quick and shoot a shotgun.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Slinky,

I agree with your point about duck hunters standing up and shooting and falling over - good point.

And I appologize for the money remark.

Read this it's from a great movie and I feel this is the problem and where we're headed:

- But this is a democracy Harvey...
- When their enemies were at the gates, the Romans would suspend democracy and appoint one man to protect the city. It wasn't considered an honor, it was considered a public service.
- Harvey, the last man who they appointed the Republic was named Caesar and he never gave up his power.
- Okay, fine. you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Above is Obama politics and we're seeing it all around us everyday more and more, the elected officals are seeing us the people as the enimies and all these laws are to protect us from ourselves - that's my point.

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 10-07-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
Slinky,

I agree with your point about duck hunters standing up and shooting and falling over - good point.

And I appologize for the money remark.

Read this it's from a great movie and I feel this is the problem and where we're headed:

- But this is a democracy Harvey...
- When their enemies were at the gates, the Romans would suspend democracy and appoint one man to protect the city. It wasn't considered an honor, it was considered a public service.
- Harvey, the last man who they appointed the Republic was named Caesar and he never gave up his power.
- Okay, fine. you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Above is Obama politics and we're seeing it all around us everyday more and more, the elected officals are seeing us the people as the enimies and all these laws are to protect us from ourselves - that's my point.
thats right there is about how new york state has been run for as long as i can say i've worried about laws....
except it isnt one person we appoint to power, it seems that every person thats in power in this state has a wish to run it into the ground with law after law after law....just look at the number of state troopers being apointed day after day, there are so many of them now it almost looks like a police state. There is almost no such thing as a free world anymore
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed, what worries me is that in 20 minutes on this site I can find enough information about all the deaths and injuries that step-bottomed boats have caused that to a non-boater a logical choice would be to out-law production of step-bottomed boats. It just goes on and on and I wish there was a way to stop the insanity but even here in NJ the people whose income depnds on the government some way or somehow grows every year and the private sector shrinks.

So, as this happens the party (doesn't matter which) and people who are in power stay in power until it can't support itself any longer.

I'm on the soap box now for sure (LOL) but you read in history and every great democary has fallen so far and what folllows is a dictatorship - we are not far off from that - the government steps in to run bank, insurance and car companies - watch out!

Enough for now, I'm going out on the road to get more cell phone and seat belts tickets!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered

Do these PFD's protect against hyperthermia? Doug
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Just an extension of the seatbelt laws. It's not great but the idiots are out there in their small dingy's, no experiance and falling into the water. Makes it easier to find the bodies. Who cares from Nov. to May? Just buy a boat 20'6"
Do you think those "idiots" have enough common sense to follow the law if they aren't even willing to look out for their own safety? Too many laws, too much control.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been a law in Oregon for some time now. See people at the lake getting stopped all the time. Do not think they write them up that often. But do see them giving the people a ride back to shore with boat in tow quite often.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:54 AM
GDM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant believe how ,many people think that the government monitoring our every move is a good thing !!!

whatever happened to freedom ? that was a great concept . letting people choose how they wanted to live their lives

so I guess all the people who think this law is ok wont be mad if they put a nationwide speed limit of 40 mph on every recreational boat right . maybe even do away with prop driven drives all together and just make us all use jet drives , we don't need those dangerous props hurting us

maybe eventually we can do away with recreational boating all together cause that water is just tooo dangerous (sarcasm off)

Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least those self inflating jackets are comfortable to wear, and easy to get on & off. One of those would be plenty for the size of boat and boaters they are targeting. You definitely wouldn't need a race style Lifeline jacket, or anything that serious. We use Lifelines in my 20 Cigarette, but it also runs 85mph. Most people including myself want to wear the jackets in that particular boat, regardless of if there were a rule in place or not.

Most fisherman/hunters I see around here, use the jackets that double as a vest with pockets that store bait, hooks, etc, as well as provide floatation all in one.

It won't be that big of a deal when you get used to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.