Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Haggin and the Miss Geico Team... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/218196-haggin-miss-geico-team.html)

F1-00 Racing 10-11-2009 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2970841)

but my wife wanted to go to dinner.

Wow!!!! Jen wears the pants in the family???? Or is it You wear the pants but Jen picks them out? lmao Jus playin bud....:lolhit:

BLee 10-11-2009 01:24 AM

It's surprising that some people seem to go in assuming the majority of the boat racers, even the huge teams like Geico, are going to act like a bunch of arrogant asses to their fans for some reason? It shouldn't be SO surprising that they aren't selling crack to the local children?!

It sort of reminds me of Chris Rock talking about single Dad's that brag about how "they take CARE of they kids....." when THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO, MOTHERFCKER! :lolhit::drink:

frankenstein 10-11-2009 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2970880)
It's surprising that some people seem to go in assuming the majority of the boat racers, even the huge teams like Geico, are going to act like a bunch of arrogant asses to their fans for some reason? It shouldn't be SO surprising that they aren't selling crack to the local children?!

It sort of reminds me of Chris Rock talking about single Dad's that brag about how "they take CARE of they kids....." when THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO, MOTHERFCKER! :lolhit::drink:

Their is a pretty good market selling crack, don't knock it, it's tax free. It's getting tougher everyday to not report
$ on your taxes. Just kidding, obviously. It just seems like a big deal because the big teams are probably the one's that could get away with hiding behind a trailer somewhere and having the " little " guys deal with promoting, but it's the opposite. The little guys are partying up and having a blast, and the big guys (Geico), are not taking anything for granted, they're out there trying to sell their product. Pretty awesome in my opinion

MikeyFIN 10-11-2009 02:39 AM

Well we little guys are promoting even more than the big teams.. when the go to sleep we just keep on promoting and focus on the legal aged opposite sex...

Now every little team probably wishes to be a big team so they donīt need to chase pit girls at night especially at every race weekend but could have some steady ones looking after the fans...

MikeyFIN 10-11-2009 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2970841)
Wish we could have hung around after the race, but my wife wanted to go to dinner.

Well If you have racing in your blood thatīs where you go in your spare time.

Hope you got something out of the dinner....:party-smiley-004:

Coach 10-11-2009 07:02 AM

Back on track...

Originally Posted by frankenstein (Post 2970881)
It just seems like a big deal because the big teams are probably the one's that could get away with hiding behind a trailer somewhere and having the " little " guys deal with promoting, but it's the opposite. The little guys are partying up and having a blast, and the big guys (Geico), are not taking anything for granted, they're out there trying to sell their product. Pretty awesome in my opinion

That's what this thread is all about!

Thank you,

Coach

BRUCE SEROFF 10-11-2009 07:35 AM

Most teams, even the smaller budget teams, welcome the fans and take the time to talk with them and their kids. When you have a sponsor, you are essentialy their employee. If they want you promoting their product at the races, you promote their product. I dont think there is any chance of hiding behind the trailer when you have someone else paying the bills. The self sponsored teams can do what ever they please.

Haggin, Scotty, Mark and the entire GEICO staff are first class. Good work guys. See ya in KW

Maximus 10-11-2009 08:55 AM

Thanks Again guys , Most teams on the circuit go out of their way to give fans a good look into the race circuit. Many have to prepare their boats for racing so they don't have the time to spend long periods with fans. It takes a LOT of time to get a raceboat to testing and prepped for a race the next day.

Scotty Haggin and myself have a solid crew maintaining the boat so we feel obligated to hold up our end of the bargain with the fans and sponser. There are some teams that are their to race and want no part of promotion and that is understandable they are self funded and can do as they please. While we get a lot of flak for a lot of things.... we sincerly try to put a good face on offshore for the good of our team , fellow racers , owner and sponser.

Were not perfect by ANY means but truly only want the best for the sport of offshore powerboating.

SAR skipper 10-11-2009 01:10 PM

Man that was an awesome post!

With all the attitudes and negative press you see from athletes and sports figures today, it's refreshing to see an individual or team step up and go above and beyond the normal PR "requirement."

:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004: to thye Geico team.

One of the Corvette Lemans team drivers did a similar thing last year at a huge vette show here in Tampa. Was refreshing to see the interactions.

I couldn't make it to the race and ended up watching a link on here (thanks to whomever did that BTW!).

If I could have gone, I'd have been the 50+yo kid trying to get a closer look:)

Coach 10-12-2009 07:38 AM

Thank you skipper...

The Miss GEICO team blew me away last weekend, with how much they care, and how much they are willing to contribute, beyond money and what goes along with being so fortunate.

They are incredible!

Coach