Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Todays stronges performance boat co. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/218210-todays-stronges-performance-boat-co.html)

customryder 10-07-2009 08:42 PM

Todays stronges performance boat co.

In todays Market who is getting along the best and is the most stable? with the most sales profit? strongest?

OL40SVX 10-07-2009 08:47 PM

Out of all of those I'd say Skater for Cats and just overall and then Outerlimits for Vee's. Also Nor-Tech for the mix of both. Those are the top three.

Interceptor 10-07-2009 08:57 PM

You're comparing custom vs. production. I'd go with Formula if they were on the list.
ed

Young Performance 10-07-2009 09:09 PM

I'll go ahead and get it out of the way now.........

APACHE:lolhit:

jwurl 10-07-2009 09:22 PM

Formula already laid off 225 people earlier this year. They can't be doing good, but they do still have a good luxury market compaired to other performance boat companies. I would think Cigarette would be the last one to fail because of the name brand . Jeff Wurl

thisistank 10-07-2009 09:52 PM

If you talk to anyone that is in the know, they'll tell you no one is doing "good". Heads of performance boating company's that are on your list have been quoted as saying, "if we break even, we'll be happy". When people sit back and speculate at who's doing well, I don't think they take into account that the recent closure of some major dealers have put an additional damper on the bottom line (i.e. returned floored models).

I say, best of luck to all that are on that list. Will they all be here in 2-5 years? I hope so....But highly doubt it.

By the way, did you actually put Fountain on this list?? WTF?

Catmando 10-08-2009 01:11 AM

LOl@Fountain. :rolleyes:

Skater for cats(results speak for themselves)

Cigarette for Vs(Big name and big overseas market)

Nor-Tech for overall.

SkiDoc 10-08-2009 05:56 AM

DCB is booked for a year

Jupiter Sunsation 10-08-2009 07:19 AM

Nortech is producing boats, several new ones delivered this year. Sunsation is building another F4 and working on the new 36 (with a couple already pre-sold).

All of the boat builders are hurting and the ones with the best accounting and lowest overhead will be the survivors. If they aren't building/selling boats they are losing money simply due to fixed overhead costs. You would be surprised to know how many boat companies that have been around for years (legends) are very thinly capitalized.

RunninHotRacing163.1 10-08-2009 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=fountain40icbm;2968722]Out of all of those I'd say SKATER

OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:boat::ernaehrung0 04::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004: