Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who sells stereos equip. on this board? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21823-who-sells-stereos-equip-board.html)

Audiofn 04-08-2002 10:04 PM

I am not into competeing on the price I am just into helping out. If you want some good advice that is what I am hear for. If you buy from me that is cool but not required, I just want to help out as much as I can. I do sell the Clarion head units. I do not have access to the MB Quart stuff. Just let me know if I can help out. Email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to help.

Jon

FWK 04-09-2002 07:49 AM

I don't sell the MB quarts either. I am with Audiofn if I sell something fine if not I give advice for free and try to help fellow powerboaters out. I am here for the boats not to hawk my products. Forrest

C_Spray 04-09-2002 08:10 AM

Jon - Are you familiar with the current Kenwood head units that Formuila uses for the high-end systems in the 382? Specifically, is there a jack that you can plug a mp3 player into?

Also, what's your opinion of Canton speakers? I have a component speaker system in the front part of the cockpit in my 28' BatBoat, and they seem to kick a$$ pretty good, although I did have to use PolyPlanar 8" combo units in the back where they are exposed to salt spray...

Audiofn 04-09-2002 09:19 AM

C-spray I am not super familiar with that head unit but I will be. Make sure you ask me again end of next week and I should be tearing into Norts AKA Phantom Chaos boat. We are doing a LARGE amp for 4 subs under the back seat :D:D I will make sure I look to see if it has a AUX jack in the back, but I do not think it does. If not I will tell ya the other trick to get that done. As far as Cantons they are VERY nice speakers. Not marine as you said but man they sound good. I used to sell them but then they dropped off the face of the earth. I think they are back again and doing some new stuff.

Jon

C_Spray 04-09-2002 01:45 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
....As far as Cantons they are VERY nice speakers. Not marine as you said but man they sound good....
Tell me about it. Once, I accidentally fired up "Bad Company" on my CD with the volume set at fairly high power. Once.

The opening guitar lick temporarily deafened all of us on board, my ears rang for half an hour, and the open exhausts sounded quiet!!! I'm glad the boat was vacuum bagged, or it would have deliminated the hull. (And that was "only" a 200-watt amp....)

Andy Buzz 04-09-2002 08:14 PM

I have the Cantons in stock. They are one of my favorite speakers. As you know, they are not marine. In my personal car, I blew many JL's and others. Once I switched to Canton the system was service free for years and then I sold the car.

Canton makes awesome home audio speakers as well. Call me for any advice you desire. Feel free to call (813)882-8477.

Andrew Lehrer

delsol 04-11-2002 08:48 PM

What would be the best subs for under the rear seat? I think I would want to stay all marine just in case I'm out in a gale--usually happens once a year--.
You guys don't think the mp3 will stand up? I was really looking forward to not dragging discs around.
Can anyone explain the satellite radio to me- can you get the song you want somehow or just the staion ??
I've got a sony deck right now but really want to upgrade to a clarion with a couple of remotes 1 radar arch/helm, maybe 1 v-berth.
How do the rockford fosgate punch amps stand up in marine use?? And does Bose put anything out in marine?
How does the smartmedia,flashcards differ from the mp3?