Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CG Location Calculation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/218322-cg-location-calculation.html)

CcanDo 10-09-2009 02:23 PM

CG Location Calculation

Is there a service or does someone have a formula for finding CG ?

Procedure includes weight of loaded trailer trunnion (axle centerline on single axle, equalizer on tandem and centerline of center axle on triple axle) and weight of the tongue jack. The jack weight and trunnion weight are separate individual weights and found one at a time. The two weights are then added together to find total weight of loaded trailer.

Measurements are then taken, trailer ball coupler to trunnion, boat bow tip to trunnion, overall boat length, trailer overall length.

Empty trailer is then weighed using same procedure used when trailer was loaded (trunnion and jack separately).

Some believe the CG should be located relative to the aft step on a stepped hull.

What would be a fair price for such a service ?

Sean H 10-09-2009 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
why not just CG it?

Dueclaws 10-09-2009 02:35 PM

Hey guys,
I don't know anyone who does this work nor do I have any experience on which to base the price.

John

CcanDo 10-09-2009 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H (Post 2969943)
why not just CG it?

Sean, What boat is that ?

We tried doing that, I guess the floor wasn't level. The boat rolled through the wall, down the street, into traffic and didn't see it for a week. When it finally came rolling back it was hung over and looked like it had even been in a brawl !! Some lady HUH ? :boat:

CcanDo 10-09-2009 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dueclaws (Post 2969947)
Hey guys,
I don't know anyone who does this work nor do I have any experience on which to base the price.

John

John, your welcome to send us the numbers, gratis.

Sean H 10-09-2009 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by CcanDo (Post 2970009)

We tried doing that, I guess the floor wasn't level. The boat rolled through the wall, down the street, into traffic and didn't see it for a week. When it finally came rolling back it was hung over and looked like it had even been in a brawl !! Some lady HUH ? :boat:

38 DW

Yes, flat concrete is a requirement for putting it on a roller. :drink:

mike tkach 10-09-2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by CcanDo (Post 2970009)

now i dont care who you are,THATS FUNNY CHIT.:lolhit:

Interceptor 10-09-2009 04:19 PM

Want a science project ? Try doing the overall C.G. which includes vertical and horizontal axis plus centerline offset.
We did this once with a 62 ton Army tank !
Loadcells, overhead crane and rotating pivot plus many H.P.calculators ( pre-laptop/P.C.)
ed

Dueclaws 10-09-2009 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by CcanDo (Post 2970014)
John, your welcome to send us the numbers, gratis.

Thanks!

frankenstein 10-09-2009 10:15 PM

I'm completely lost. I thought CG was Coast Gaurd. I was trying to come up with an alibi ( i'm sure i spelled alibi wrong ).