Notices

Word is !!!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
I don't understand the facination alot of people have here about people that are leaders in the industry having trouble. I do agree that people who have been burned should use forums like OSO to prevent others from getting burned, but it just seems when reading these threads some just want to pile on. The more big dealers that go out of business the worse the industry will be as a whole, and threads like these don't seem to have much of a point except to maybe make some feel better about their own short comings. I hate to be the bearer of bad news to some of you.... without these dealers many of the high end boats will be factory direct only. Although this may be better for a person with no trade, most have a trade. No offense but the majority of the people out there really have no clue as to what ACV (actual cash value) of their boat is, and as a person in a very similar industry I can tell you that the chances are it is worth no where near what you think. We need dealers that can properly market these trades and keep the industry moving forward. In closing let me remind you that I have no problem with anyone lighting someone up that has burned them or even a close friend, but the joy some get out of kicking people when it appears or there is a rumor that there is a financial problem is getting old. I can pretty much guarantee that these individuals still have more than the people piling on.

100% right on but........ if you read the press release it would seem Fastboats owns that marina rather than being a tenant renting space in an out building (shady wording). Many out of towners rely on a webpage to see how big/nice a business is doing. So if this guy is looking at a boat online that is listed by FB then he just found out that things have changed dramatically since last year then he would be shocked.

Randy has built some awesome machines and sold many boats to happy people. Any business will have unhappy clients especially the boat business.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
....but the joy some get out of kicking people when it appears or there is a rumor that there is a financial problem is getting old....
Who kicked anyone when they were in financial troubles or got any joy out of said potential problems? Jeeez, the guy just asked a question to see if the rumors he heard were true. No one has been able to confirm anything that I've seen...(At least not in public...). But in general, I'd say this thread has actually helped FB's. No one seems to be able to point out any problems except that the owner of the marina is an apparent douche bag....So carry on.

Last edited by thisistank; 10-19-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Who kicked anyone when they were in financial troubles or got any joy out of said potential problems? Jeeez, the guy just asked a question to see if the rumors he heard were true. No one has been able to confirm anything that I've seen...(At least not in public...). But in general, I'd say this thread has actually helped FB's. No one seems to be able to point out any problems except that the owner of the marina is an apparent douche bag....So carry on.
I wasn't specifically talking about or reffering to this particular thread. I should have started a seperate thread, but why does the fact that he heard a rumor belong in a forum where it has the ability to negatively impact someones business by reaching thousands of potential customers. There are plenty of resources out there to watch who is having bankrupcy problems. When facts are established about someone or their business then maybe it has some validity. Again I'm talking about the numerous threads here on OSO the last couple of months not this thread or business in particular. Just my .02.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Is Nor-Tech having financial troubles ?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
No, considering all the new boats they have delivered in 2009 (more than anyone other builder). They just discontinued using FB.com as a dealer.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
Building new boats and hanging in there.
Thanks for asking.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Building new boats and hanging in there.
Thanks for asking.
Terry good to hear you are "hanging in there" If you were "Hanging out there" you might get arested

Hope all is well my friend
Old 10-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Simple as this. The economy sucks, boat loan are almot impossible to get no matter what your credit score or deposit. I would guess that there are very few boat companies that are NOT hurting in this economy.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

I dont look at these threads as rumors - I look at these threads as somebody heard a rumor and they are coming here to find out if it was true or not. Most of the boat manufacturers are on here, companies involved in boating, their employees or others close to the source. Its their chance to kill a rumor or set the record straight ... which ever the case may be. Not everybody chooses to do that and so then more rumors get going but ... that would happen with or without the internet

Audiofn is right on... who isnt feeling some issues ... directly or indirectly
Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Registered

Seems rumors carry more weight around here than the facts.
All it takes is "I heard" and you're off and running.
BTW, do a search on "I heard".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.