Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's going to be the first to own one of these!? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/218983-whos-going-first-own-one-these.html)

damdonzi 10-23-2009 11:24 AM

You can charge it!

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/si...ams=xpage%3D52

JeffC 10-23-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2978200)
On the upside, you could throw 'em in the Icon and fly away to a nicer place. I'm just sayin'...:drink:

Cash its sounds like you speek from experience..lol

thisistank 10-23-2009 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ECeptor (Post 2978174)
If it sounded arrogant, it wasn't meant to be that way. I am "in the biz" so to speak, but aircraft knowlege wise I'm just a babe in the woods compared to some of the experts that I live around and work with here in Wichita. But, I've learned alot about the hands on details of the difference between an experimental plane and a ready for production/mass marketed TC'd one. And, the differences are substantial.

If you are looking for an experimential, then I say go for it! But if you are looking for a production aircraft (i.e. has both TC and PC), then this one is not there yet...if ever.

A plane I think would be fun is a Quest Kodiak. Soon to be certified with floats for water landing and already factory certified as a jump plane.

:drink:

I hear ya man. I just didn't think it seemed like they were trying to make it a "real airplane" so to speak. I mean, they even call it the jetski of the sky. Sounds like they're trying to make it a super nice ultra light that can water land and is a straight up toy.

fountain44 10-23-2009 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2977976)
I'll wait for my Cirrus Jet, thanks.

I love the cirrus, but for now ill have to stick with my 172 and 52

Catmando 10-23-2009 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by ECeptor (Post 2978174)
If it sounded arrogant, it wasn't meant to be that way. I am "in the biz" so to speak, but aircraft knowlege wise I'm just a babe in the woods compared to some of the experts that I live around and work with here in Wichita. But, I've learned alot about the hands on details of the difference between an experimental plane and a ready for production/mass marketed TC'd one. And, the differences are substantial.

If you are looking for an experimential, then I say go for it! But if you are looking for a production aircraft (i.e. has both TC and PC), then this one is not there yet...if ever.

A plane I think would be fun is a Quest Kodiak. Soon to be certified with floats for water landing and already factory certified as a jump plane.

:drink:

Do you know Jim Lee of Lee Aerospace?

[Edit; Triumph Aerospace Systems. Lee Aerospace was his old company]

thisistank 10-23-2009 08:17 PM

By the way, what's the Cirrus supposed to be priced at?

glassdave 10-23-2009 10:37 PM

It was supposed to start at right around 1 mil. Pretty nice jet kinda reminds me of the Lear 23 (in concept)

goof2 10-24-2009 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2978505)
By the way, what's the Cirrus supposed to be priced at?

I believe they are saying $1.3 mil or so for those who already have deposits. It is supposed to climb up around $1.5 mil for future purchases.

sleek1 10-24-2009 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by damdonzi (Post 2978242)

I'll have to renegotiate my credit limit.:drink:

ECeptor 10-25-2009 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2978482)
Do you know Jim Lee of Lee Aerospace?

[Edit; Triumph Aerospace Systems. Lee Aerospace was his old company]

That name sounds familiar, but I can't say I know a Jim Lee. I know a Bennie. With that said, I'm great at remembering numbers, but suck at remembering names.

I also know quite well a Lee Aerospace here in Wichita. If that's the same, I didn't relize they are now part of Triumph.