Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Should I beleve this women (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/219045-should-i-beleve-women.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 10-24-2009 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by sleek1 (Post 2978792)
Okay, I'm gullible. What's the point of winning a bid and not paying or collecting? Cheap thrills for someone who has nothing better to do? I'm not being a smartars, just don't get it.

Cheap thrills for someone who has nothing better to do?:lolhit:
Or dont have the $$$$ to wrap up the deal ,and then you end up re-listing cause once the next bidder gets a second chance ooffer they thinks its a SCAM or you just ran up there bid .have had decent luck with the smaller parts but trucks,cars,cycles, they end up having probs but they usually sell to someone who aw it on ebay and completes the deal after the auction ends.
good luck Velocity:drink:

Velocity Tom 10-24-2009 06:27 PM

I thought something was odd when after the action was over he called me and wanted a survey. I have no problem with that, but shouldnt you do that before you bid? This is my first time selling on ebay and my last. Too many strokers!!!

US1 Fountain 10-24-2009 09:29 PM

More likely cold feet/ buyers remorse??

yesrej 10-25-2009 12:19 AM

where in new york did he say he was from?

Griff 10-25-2009 01:14 AM

I've had the same BS on ebay as a buyer. I won a truck a few years ago and when I contacted the seller to arrange payment and pick up, he said it sold locally 3 days earlier.
I have had many good experiences with ebay purchases also. You just have to make sure and protect yourself.

BeakBoater35 10-25-2009 08:17 AM

I have sold 2 vehicles and perhaps a dozen smaller items on ebay. All but one went very smoothly. On the one, some idiot won the bid on the vehicle and then came up with multiple excuses not to complete the deal. We mutually agreed to kill the deal and the vehicle sold pronto on the next auction.

Interesting note...both vehicles were sold sight unseen...paid in full and picked up by a transporter. To be honest, I would not be that trusting!

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2979015)
I've had the same BS on ebay as a buyer. I won a truck a few years ago and when I contacted the seller to arrange payment and pick up, he said it sold locally 3 days earlier.
I have had many good experiences with ebay purchases also. You just have to make sure and protect yourself.

Comanche3Six 10-25-2009 09:28 AM

Ebay is the Devil's playground...Did you check out my auctions?..LOL!

US1 Fountain 10-25-2009 09:36 AM

This isn't ebay dealings only.
I listed my previous boat here on OSO. Some dick from New York that worked for GM (I believe) called several times about the boat, then agreed to buy it. His wife/GF even called on it to talk with me. Seemed genuine. Anyways, he said he'd call back in 2 days with the info as far as having his buddy pick it up and to make the payment arrangements. Few days goes by, nothing. I called him, at which point he said he changed his mind. I had no problem with that as I wasn't out anything but a few minutes of my time and the hopeful of having the boat sold. I was a little put off he didn't have the balls to call and say he was no longer interested. As it turned out, the next person (another OSO member here) called on it, came and bought it a week or so later.

Velocity Tom 10-25-2009 09:39 AM

The guy is from Moira Ny.