Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Talk' N Trash Gets Impounded!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/219060-talk-n-trash-gets-impounded.html)

lightspeed 10-25-2009 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN (Post 2979025)
Nope but you better stay out of the left lane on the cross bronx expressway.
Just getting home after getting everything impounded yes everything Boat truck trailer. just missed getting locked up cuz the cop was a peniz.
prob gonna be in trouble cuz I wasn't leavin my chit at the impound yard so it's not

OH BOY Here We Go

plumbers crack 10-25-2009 09:18 AM

You would think cops making 100k plus a year would be normal... Fight the bastards!

anchor 10-25-2009 09:41 AM

Just getting home after getting everything impounded yes everything Boat truck trailer. just missed getting locked up cuz the cop was a peniz.
prob gonna be in trouble cuz I wasn't leavin my chit at the impound yard so it's not

I got pulled over for being in the left lane after picking a boat up at Hustler a couple of years ago. I told the cop that I was from out of state and did not realize it was the law. He told me that there were signs posted every 1/2 mile on the right side of the hwy. I asked him how I was supposed to see the signs if I was in the left lane? :lolhit: He did not think that was funny. He then commented about boat I was towing and that he was a sailboater :angry-smiley-038:. I asked him to give me a break since I was from out of state and he said "we don't give breaks in New York".

AB From Windsor 10-25-2009 10:07 AM

All I can say about that, is that it is just unbelievable.

DisturbedVelo22 10-25-2009 05:02 PM

WOW guess they take that crap seriously:rolleyes:

glassdave 10-25-2009 05:33 PM

I'm sure your people skills helped keep it from escalating into a tense situation :D :D

See ya in KW :cool:

GARBAGEMAN 10-25-2009 05:45 PM

Well let's just say that I knew I was wrong for the left lane&therefor have no issuegetting a ticket for it.

Now another reality that some of u that know me may be surprised by is that I understand to a piont why the impound was going on.
1. I did not have my license on me
2. I did not have the insurance ID card on me
3. the truck was not inspected
I suck at typing so the other 6 tickets I'm not gonna list but they were all I wanna brek your ballz tickets.
Owning 200 plus trucks has given me lots of experiance and can understand that there is always another side to the story. Not Impounding the truck after knowing the it was not inspected leaves the officer open to liability. ex: if he let me go and I run over a mother and her child and the truck had bad breaks.

Now here is my problem with this peniz. He pulls me over and leaves us on the side of the road for25min b4 he even comes up to the truck. when he finaly does approch the 1st time he says " Lisence, regi, insur, Dot card, med card,and Log book please. I said I'm sorry I don't have my lisence on me and I At that point he said nothing and turned around back to his car not to return again for another 35 min.. This back and fourth went on for about another hour. while all this is going on HE NEVER ONE TIME EVEN ASKED ME MY NAME WHY I WAS IN THE LEFT LANE WHY THE NO INSPECTION. NOTHING. The few words he did speak to me were in the tone of him just finding out that I shot someone or kicked his dog. Mind u I was nothing but extra respectful and polite up until this point. Anyway long story short. Vinny says are u impounding us and he says Sure am I'm taking all of it. Vinny says well can we atleast have someone come get the boat. NOPE. I say so I guess we're stuck here in the azzhole of the bronxs. he says better call for a ride. Mind u again it's me vinny with rolexes on and his 10 year old boy who was already all shook up.
wELL THATS ENOUGH and I start given out to him till he tells me I'm gonna get locked up so I shut up and he writes me 8 more tickets. Idon't wanna put anything else in print but Is there anyone that can give me some insight on why this guy was gonna leave us on the same corner as crack dealers with a 10 year old and our luggage. WHAT A PENIZ

glassdave 10-25-2009 06:17 PM

did you get everything out of impound then? Sounds like a frik'in mess . . . .

wouldnt be so bad if they'd just tell you what the f#&k their doing so you can at least decide how to handle it.

GARBAGEMAN 10-25-2009 06:23 PM

COME ON SLOW DAVEY what do you think pal;)