Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thanks regarding Straitjacket (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/219067-thanks-regarding-straitjacket.html)

scarrab30 10-24-2009 08:12 PM

Thanks regarding Straitjacket

I'd like to thank OSO and its members for their kind thoughts and condolences. Brian (Straitjacket) was sent off in a grand manner (which included bike clubs, boat clubs, natrualist clubs and old friends). I'd like to thank all the members that came to the wake and funeral procession and we're very sorry about having to wait to get into the lot for the wake. It gives us a lot of comfort to know our son of 37 years affected so many people as the numbers of people in attendance attested.

Thanks again,

Brian Miller

formula 382 sr-1 10-24-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by scarrab30 (Post 2978960)
I'd like to thank OSO and its members for their kind thoughts and condolences. Brian (Straitjacket) was sent off in a grand manner (which included bike clubs, boat clubs, natrualist clubs and old friends). I'd like to thank all the members that came to the wake and funeral procession and we're very sorry about having to wait to get into the lot for the wake. It gives us a lot of comfort to know our son of 37 years affected so many people as the numbers of people in attendance attested.

Thanks again,

Brian Miller

Once again We are so SORRY for your loss.

Joby & Kim

Gladhe8er 10-24-2009 11:27 PM

Sorry for the terrible loss. What a great spirit(and OSO poster)

10x 10-25-2009 11:21 AM

Scarrab 30 Brian, I'm sure you know much your son was loved and liked by so many of us. He was truely a guy that would give you the shirt off his back, and I know he did on so many occasions to whom ever needed it.
I hope you know that the same kind of generosity that Brian gave us, will be given back to you at any time of your needing. Don't ever hesitate to call any one of us if there's anything that you might need any help with. Even so much as to ask our opinions, or just plain BS. You will always be one of the "boys".

Words can't describe how terrible we all felt about this tradgedy, and I know when I think about it, I still have a lump in my throat.

sommerfliesby 10-26-2009 08:19 AM

I'm going to try hard to be an even BADDER influence now! Already got another tattoo...Michelle is gettin' worried...;).

milldew69 10-26-2009 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by scarrab30 (Post 2978960)

Thanks again,

Brian Miller

Brian,
I never knew Brian, but I can tell what a huge part of offshore he was in this area. I'm the organizer for the Michigan City SBI race and it seems he had a pretty good time here this summer. I'd like to work something into the race this coming August to pay tribute to Brian. Whether it's you dropping the flag in the pace boat in his honor or a memorial fun run or something.
Message me or email me at [email protected] or call at 219.872.5055 if you want and we can chat.

sommerfliesby 10-26-2009 02:03 PM

Jason - amazingly enough, we have already broached the topic. We were thinking of doing a memorial run from either Hammond or East Chicago to Michigan City for both boats AND bikes some time next summer. It'd be REALLY cool if we could work it in with the races... I've got your number, I'll ring you up after the winter.

jayhawk261 10-26-2009 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2979795)
Jason - amazingly enough, we have already broached the topic. We were thinking of doing a memorial run from either Hammond or East Chicago to Michigan City for both boats AND bikes some time next summer. It'd be REALLY cool if we could work it in with the races... I've got your number, I'll ring you up after the winter.

Mike, if you put that together, we will haul the Super up and make that run even if it's in 10 footers! If we can do anything to help make it happen, please let me know!

I had the opportunity to talk to Sr this evening. We just had a good enjoyable talk about Brian . I'm glad I called him since we didn't get to go to the funeral. I'm starting to understand that I should not have missed the funeral procession though!

obnoxus 10-26-2009 11:03 PM

thought we were going down to camp !!!!??? :evilb:

Sydwayz 10-26-2009 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2979795)

Sounds like the makings of the Commemorative StraightJacket Style Cannonball Run. I like it.