Notices

Anyone know about Schiada. West coast

Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Anyone know about Schiada. West coast

http://www.schiada.com/schiadaboats/boats.htm

over the years Ive read some very good articles on these guys.. but .. never see any of their boats around.. The 43 looks .. mammoth 6.5" all the way to the v-berth, 9.6 beam.. just curious on some input. Thanks Jeff
Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have exceptional fit and finish. You pay a good buck for the boats and they hold their value very well. The 43 they have is absolutely huge and from what I understand, the company still owns the boat, it is their personal boat. I don't think they have made any more of the 43, the price tag is stout.

They are very popular river cruisers out here, 24' and under. Considered one of the best built out west. If you own a Schiada, you probably know what you are looking at in terms of boats.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
http://www.schiada.com/schiadaboats/boats.htm

over the years Ive read some very good articles on these guys.. but .. never see any of their boats around.. The 43 looks .. mammoth 6.5" all the way to the v-berth, 9.6 beam.. just curious on some input. Thanks Jeff
check out www.riverdavesplace.com

Schiada has their own section http://riverdavesplace.com/forums/fo...sprune=-1&f=73
They recently rigged an MTI and built a tilt trailer for it..hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Registered

The 43 is truly large. HUGE cockpit.

Its a far, far simpler boat than a Nortech. Hand built. Very good tooling finish. I'd say the build quality is high quality low tech, like other high end west coast customs.

I would rank them well above nearly any production boat, like most customs. But because of low tech hand-laid woven construction with lots of wood and balsa, arguable behind companies that use vacuum bags, knitted or unidirectional fabrics, epoxy or vinylester, like Outerlimits, Fountain, and Lavey.

Its been in the Catalina Ski Race, so there are pictures around.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The 43 mentions that it is a vacuum bagged one piece CNC construction with vinylester.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carcrash
The 43 is truly large. HUGE cockpit.

Its a far, far simpler boat than a Nortech. Hand built. Very good tooling finish. I'd say the build quality is high quality low tech, like other high end west coast customs.

I would rank them well above nearly any production boat, like most customs. But because of low tech hand-laid woven construction with lots of wood and balsa, arguable behind companies that use vacuum bags, knitted or unidirectional fabrics, epoxy or vinylester, like Outerlimits, Fountain, and Lavey.

Its been in the Catalina Ski Race, so there are pictures around.

Ya might just want to double check your facts. This is no low tech choppergun build. BTW the Schiada boats I have seen have always been over the top for build quality and rigging.

Darrell.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Ya might just want to double check your facts. This is no low tech choppergun build. BTW the Schiada boats I have seen have always been over the top for build quality and rigging.

Darrell.
I agree all the Schadia boats I have seen are top notch...
Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Registered

Cool

There's nothing low tech about a Schiada, especially the 43. The boat is is 100% Cad Designed, and CNC tooled. The 43 is 100% cored and vacuum bagged with all composite bulkheads / stringers / floors etc.. No structurual lumber in the whole boat.

The deck is ONE PIECE including the dash, cabin, stairs, aft deck stairs, rear seat, and cockpit sole / sidewalls. The cabin is finished out with REAL granite counter tops, ultra leather, and birds eye maple cabinetry.

As massive as it is, with all the amenities, the boats dry weight comes in at only 11,000lbs. That being said you could put just about any 42' sport boat out there INSIDE of this one.

It's no slouch either, the boat will run mid to high 90's with 800's!!

I have a bunch of pictures of the boat, on the trailer and in the water next to fountains, etc..

RD

Last edited by RiverDave; 10-15-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered

Cool

Some more pics from the Catalina ski race this year, and other random pics I have on my hard drive.

If you guys want to see some more up close pictures of rigging, or have any questions let me know! I have a lot more up close pics etc..

RD

Last edited by RiverDave; 10-15-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

One thing I did notice is that the engine compartment looks very tight from front to back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.