Height of a big V on a trailer >

Height of a big V on a trailer

Notices

Height of a big V on a trailer

Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Thanks. That 47 Fountain sure sits high tho. Easy to think it was an 8ft door.
Bob,
I don't mean to hi-jack, but what is the length of your 50' on the gooseneck trailer? I am building a 40' X 60' boat barn and want to keep my future boat options open.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Thanks. That 47 Fountain sure sits high tho. Easy to think it was an 8ft door.
its a dually trailer.That would limit your launches,Looks cool though.

Rob
Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
its a dually trailer.That would limit your launches,Looks cool though.

Rob
I noticed that also, cool looking trailer! why would it limit your launches compared to a regular trailer?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
Bob,
I don't mean to hi-jack, but what is the length of your 50' on the gooseneck trailer? I am building a 40' X 60' boat barn and want to keep my future boat options open.
I figure about 58 ft with the goosneck and swim platform hanging over the back. Going to put a tape on it soon as I'm getting quotes on shipping it to where my next adventure will take place but that is another story. LOL

Back to heights of a Vee on trailer.

Bob
Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
I noticed that also, cool looking trailer! why would it limit your launches compared to a regular trailer?
The hull sits up probaly over a foot higher than a standard trailer,so you would have to back it in further to get to deeper water,if its gets deeper???remember we have shalow ramps here.
There is one ramp on the Jordan river Bay St Louis my trailer drops of the end of the ramp,then you back up more with the trailer on the bottom, the boat ends up on the other side of the canal /bank ,you pull the trailer out from under the boat, ya push off the bank then ya crank it up,pull back up to the ramp to pick up ya buddy, it has a sandy bottom and the 16in tires let it roll over the end of the ramp to get out.Canal is prob 50 foot.And thats at high tide.

I have a buddy that had the same trailer with a 43 Scarab,he had trouble and said it weighted a ton.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Height of a big V on a trailer-tickfaw-200-5-06-033-large-.jpg  
Old 11-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Top Gun height

I could stand up in my old Top Gun when it was underneath my house (The house is on pilings). There is just a tick over 10' clearance and the boat was sitting on an aluminum Continental trailer with bunks. So if you've got 9 feet door clearance, you should have just shy of a foot clearance.

Hope this helps.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 11-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I loved pulling with that tandem dual trailer...... EXCEPT we had some home made contraptions to keep the water out of the oil bath axles that didn't work very well I hear they have some sealed caps for them now.

By the way, the Wal-Mart stop was to change a tire.

That was the Destin run in 2003 and they still use the pictures of us launching the 47 on their shirts and in their ads
Attached Thumbnails Height of a big V on a trailer-deloair.jpg   Height of a big V on a trailer-deloemerald.jpg   Height of a big V on a trailer-delotrailer.jpg