Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Offshore racing on CBS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/219511-offshore-racing-cbs.html)

Phil M 11-05-2009 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2985758)
It seemed like malarky and nonsense from the start.....

When was the last time a network asked you to put their logo on your race vehicles.............??????

But....it sure got the rubes, newbies, hangers on, and chest thumpers all pumped up over nothing............

again.

T2x

B I N G O X 2

Phil M 11-05-2009 07:45 AM

Maybe the question should be asked in KW - WHEN will it be on TV - but think the hat will be passed first ! - and it wont go to the TV Sponsor either ! it will line pockets as USUAL !

CAUTION - you are in the NO SPIN ZONE - J C !

smiklos@sunprint 11-05-2009 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Moving2Miami (Post 2985669)
At a cost of over $200,000 per programming hour, did anyone actually think that Carbonnell would be able to come up with that kind of $$$?

This number is accurate and with 8 shows, that is $1,6000,000....There is NO WAY that they can do this...I have no clue what thee indians put in their piece pipes thinking that this was realistic, but it is, what it is....

JR

That is an accurate price. I saw and subsidized Apba Offshore 2002 2003 budget. TV is not cheap.
Steve

Supercat Racing 11-05-2009 02:33 PM

Ahhh the great Allweiss days! When there were 80+ boat, races, TV and GMC as a sponsor. No competing associations and unity within the sport. <-----heavy sigh!! I miss those days.

Marty

chuckbeecher 11-05-2009 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Supercat Racing (Post 2986034)
Ahhh the great Allweiss days! When there were 80+ boat, races, TV and GMC as a sponsor. No competing associations and unity within the sport. <-----heavy sigh!! I miss those days.

Marty

ME TOO!! Me TOO!!

they say "you can never go home again" but it's gotta be worth a ph*cking try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRUCE SEROFF 11-05-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Supercat Racing (Post 2986034)

Marty

ditto

gonna be a long time before we see those days again, but who knows what the future has in store.

Im hopeful

Supercat Racing 11-05-2009 04:13 PM

Chuck you are killin me :drink:

Supercat Racing 11-05-2009 04:16 PM

Miklos was there. He knows! He was one of the ones that came out and curtsied or I mean took a bow when everybody was thanking the powers in charge for kickin offhsore into high gear:coolcowboy:

iariverrat 11-05-2009 04:28 PM

From all the things I read about this UNITY IS THE KEY that is where it all has to start. I know it is easier said than done,just a thought.

Moving2Miami 11-05-2009 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint (Post 2986026)
That is an accurate price. I saw and subsidized Apba Offshore 2002 2003 budget. TV is not cheap.
Steve

I know the VP of Programming fairly well, and we have had this conversation many times (for this and other projects) and that has come down from $250,000/hr. since Nobama got his hands in messing everything up....When the economy wasn't getting murdered, that's what they were getting...so now its "only" $200,000 per hour...and the source couldn't be better IMHO...he's the only one who would be responsible for these transactions at CBS....