Notices

Offshore racing on CBS

Old 11-05-2009, 07:42 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
It seemed like malarky and nonsense from the start.....

When was the last time a network asked you to put their logo on your race vehicles.............??????

But....it sure got the rubes, newbies, hangers on, and chest thumpers all pumped up over nothing............

again.

T2x

B I N G O X 2
Old 11-05-2009, 07:45 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe the question should be asked in KW - WHEN will it be on TV - but think the hat will be passed first ! - and it wont go to the TV Sponsor either ! it will line pockets as USUAL !

CAUTION - you are in the NO SPIN ZONE - J C !
Old 11-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moving2Miami
At a cost of over $200,000 per programming hour, did anyone actually think that Carbonnell would be able to come up with that kind of $$$?

This number is accurate and with 8 shows, that is $1,6000,000....There is NO WAY that they can do this...I have no clue what thee indians put in their piece pipes thinking that this was realistic, but it is, what it is....

JR
That is an accurate price. I saw and subsidized Apba Offshore 2002 2003 budget. TV is not cheap.
Steve
Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh the great Allweiss days! When there were 80+ boat, races, TV and GMC as a sponsor. No competing associations and unity within the sport. <-----heavy sigh!! I miss those days.

Marty
Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Supercat Racing
Ahhh the great Allweiss days! When there were 80+ boat, races, TV and GMC as a sponsor. No competing associations and unity within the sport. <-----heavy sigh!! I miss those days.

Marty
ME TOO!! Me TOO!!

they say "you can never go home again" but it's gotta be worth a ph*cking try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Supercat Racing

Marty
ditto

gonna be a long time before we see those days again, but who knows what the future has in store.

Im hopeful
Old 11-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Chuck you are killin me
Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered

Miklos was there. He knows! He was one of the ones that came out and curtsied or I mean took a bow when everybody was thanking the powers in charge for kickin offhsore into high gear
Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered

From all the things I read about this UNITY IS THE KEY that is where it all has to start. I know it is easier said than done,just a thought.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
That is an accurate price. I saw and subsidized Apba Offshore 2002 2003 budget. TV is not cheap.
Steve
I know the VP of Programming fairly well, and we have had this conversation many times (for this and other projects) and that has come down from $250,000/hr. since Nobama got his hands in messing everything up....When the economy wasn't getting murdered, that's what they were getting...so now its "only" $200,000 per hour...and the source couldn't be better IMHO...he's the only one who would be responsible for these transactions at CBS....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.