Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1988 32' Hydra Repower and Facelift Project (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/219535-1988-32-hydra-repower-facelift-project.html)

jdub 06-06-2010 06:08 AM

Looks good...nice work. I like the boxes painted gold. Sounds like you should see some good numbers in a couple weeks. What props are you going to start with?

fireboatpilot 06-06-2010 07:55 AM

Thanks, the boxes are gold powder coat. They don't match the paint since the paint has red micro flake in it but the gold is real close. Dash matches the gold paint though. I picked up a pair of Hydromotive 5 blades 26P I think they should at least put me in the ballpark. I have my eye on a set of 28P Herring 5 blades but I need to test it first, Almost there!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-06-2010 07:58 AM

Which boat did you buy ?

More than likely I played a role in building that boat.

It great to see one after all these years be restored .

I think I saw saw your boat inside Kurts, but I thought it may have been Wherlen's when I saw the all red...

Best of luck it. :drink:

fireboatpilot 06-06-2010 08:09 AM

You did see it at Kurt's. This one was Larry's boat. He has 2 others there. A yellow one with twin OB's and a PINK one with triple OB's. I'd like to see more of them, maybe if you have any pics? When it's finished I want to take it past Hydra and show Jack. I've never met him but we spoke on the phone about redoing the windshield possibly. I think mines the only one with it and it is a home made job. I don't think Jack did it but it's not done badly, just tired.

In The Pink 06-06-2010 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot (Post 3128314)
As of today, both drives are on, engines installed and alot of the smaller things are getting done. Gonna run dry tails out the back so another change and lose the tips. Steering still needs to be done, don't think there's any issues thes except for ext ram lines need length. I'll get some more pics next week. Gotta stop and make some more loot! Hopefully we start testing props and drive height in 2 weeks? Fingers crossed. I'm only about $25K over budget, SO FAR!

I was wondering where you've been. Progress looks good. See you out there in a couple of weeks! :coolcowboy:

fireboatpilot 06-07-2010 09:41 PM

Thanks guys! Howard, you up and running yet? DD good to have you back on board posting.

mr weazelle 06-08-2010 11:41 AM

Bill;
Nice job on the upgrades!! Can't wait to see it on the river!!

Kevin

In The Pink 06-08-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot (Post 3129961)
Thanks guys! Howard, you up and running yet? DD good to have you back on board posting.

YEP! I had her out on Memorial Day and put 100 miles on it. Had an oil pressure gauge take a crap on me and just got that in today so once I replace it, check the lash one more time, and take care of a few odds and ends I should be ready to make a speed run. So far, I hit 80 @ 5,000. Should rev to 6,000 so we'll see what I have. Nothing like your rocket but pretty damn fast for that old girl. :drink: