Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute

Notices

Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute

Old 11-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute

The week the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, came to my town of Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda. It is a three-fifths-scale replica of the Washington, D.C., monument, and contains the names of the 58,261 who never returned from the Vietnam War.

I was in grade school in the 60s, and high school 71-74. I remember the war, mostly from the evening news. It was a very difficult time in our history, and these heroes, who fought so my family and I, could live free, only recently began to get the thanks that they deserve.

I have posted a few here, to see all 72, go to
Traveling Vietnam Memorial wall, all 72 photos
Try the slide show above, and then click on full-screen to see all of the details in the photos.
Attached Thumbnails Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute-dscn4874.jpg   Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute-dscn4877.jpg   Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute-dscn4883.jpg  

Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute-dscn4901.jpg   Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute-dscn4911.jpg  
Old 11-15-2009, 08:39 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May God Bless those who gave all for our freedom.

NAS Millington Tenn. enlisted dining hall had a single table with a single chair and place setting with a nice table cloth with a POW/MIA flag above it. This was a very powerful statement which kept our fallen brothers &sisters fresh in our hearts & minds while stationed there.

Semper Fi
Old 11-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two more from the set
Attached Thumbnails Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute-dscn4880.jpg   Thank you veterans! Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, photo tribute-dscn4882.jpg