Engine Warmup / Ramp Etiquette >

Engine Warmup / Ramp Etiquette

Notices

Engine Warmup / Ramp Etiquette

Old 11-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Seems like when you have a performance boat, you're in a no win situation nomatter what you do. I always fire the engines while the trailer in still under the boat, then when I know they won't die, I'll pull out the trailer and park it. By that time, the engines have some temp in em, and they'll idle when put into gear. Sometimes I have to put em in reverse just for a second then back in neutral if they seem like they're gonna kill, but the backward movement is still taking the boat out of the slip, but slowly.
Never had anyone ever complain about how long it's taking me to launch, but after the engines are running warming up, I've had a few people start clapping when I pull away. I usually just put my hand up by my ear, and yell back Sorry, I can't hear you as I'm laughing at em.
Although, there were a few times when I shut down the engines and yelled back at the dock, I'll bet not one of you m'fers 'll say chit if I pull back to the dock !!! now shut the phuck up and dont make me prove what a phuckin pu$$y you all are in front of your girlfriends and families !!! That usually gives them a different attitude real quick.

ROTFLMFAO..... thats hilarious
Old 11-16-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brad

Next time I am headed up to Watt's I will let you know. What is your fav beer?? And yes the tank is full enough.

Just do me a BIG FAVOR. Don't bring it back !!!!!!

Smitty
Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Seems like when you have a performance boat, you're in a no win situation nomatter what you do. I always fire the engines while the trailer in still under the boat, then when I know they won't die, I'll pull out the trailer and park it. By that time, the engines have some temp in em, and they'll idle when put into gear. Sometimes I have to put em in reverse just for a second then back in neutral if they seem like they're gonna kill, but the backward movement is still taking the boat out of the slip, but slowly.
Never had anyone ever complain about how long it's taking me to launch, but after the engines are running warming up, I've had a few people start clapping when I pull away. I usually just put my hand up by my ear, and yell back Sorry, I can't hear you as I'm laughing at em.
Although, there were a few times when I shut down the engines and yelled back at the dock, I'll bet not one of you m'fers 'll say chit if I pull back to the dock !!! now shut the phuck up and dont make me prove what a phuckin pu$$y you all are in front of your girlfriends and families !!! That usually gives them a different attitude real quick.
That is my attitude also, "Man up, or Shut the Phuck Up"!

It's kinda funny, when I leave the boat tied up at the ramp dock, and go get the truck and trailer, if my oldest kid is there holding the dock lines for the boat, and someone else comes in between me, (I'm backing the trailer down the ramp), and our boat, my daughter usually says, "I woudn't do that if I were you..... You'll have to deal with my dad and here he comes out of the truck right now!
Dean
Old 11-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
That's the best idea yet!

Hatch is always open when I launch, they could care less.
Well it sounds like this guy is just a newbie then, you may have to "educate" him.