Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Engine Warmup / Ramp Etiquette >

Engine Warmup / Ramp Etiquette

Notices

Engine Warmup / Ramp Etiquette

Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Sometimes I don't know what gets into people. If he had continued to push me, there would have been trouble. I think I managed to piss him off more by ignoring him and reinforcing the fact that I didn't care one bit how big a hurry he was in.

For the most part these guys don't know squat about high performance boats, the are only a few of us out there, especially this time of year.

I did have an older couple come flying into the ramp area in a blazer as I was packing up a few weeks ago to head home, and pull up next to the trailer. He rolled the window down and asked "Why does that thing have to be so loud?" (CMI Big E-tops, strait) I was ready for a tongue lashing, then he went on to tell me he had heard me all day, and went out on the porch just to listen. "It was the best damn boat he had heard out there in 25 years."

Nice to know not everybody hates the music
Old 11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I would just do what what you need to do, it's a public ramp and you have the right to use it the same as the next guy, or azzhole. Do what you need to do, let the idiot worry about his own deal.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TCG
what Smitty said Xs 2
If a guy got out of his truck and started toward me in a agressive way over this ...... It would be a mistake.
+2

I'm not one to condone violence but take the time you need ,they would do the same in a NY minute
Old 11-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I back in tie to the dock and start it up. I do warm it up at home before I leave just to make sure there are no problems,but its a 30 mile tow to the ramp. Fire her up and go park the truck. Never had anyone say anything to me yet but there are alot of Hi-po boters in the area. If someone does say something then I may just go slower. From time I back down to the time I leave the dock is 3 mins by myself.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I say it's others problems if they think 3 to 4 minutes is too long. It's your turn, take your time and enjoy your day. You can never make others happy, don't worry about it!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive never launched bymyself, I always made sure I had help. Ive had 2 different carbed blower motors,didnt have much trouble being cold natured,the one with 1050 dominators were even better.

Dont get rushed at the dock,thats when ya make mistakes.

Rob
Old 11-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a buddy follow you in his truck to the ramp, wait at the side of the road for azz hole with boat to get there, soon as he backs into the water, back you boat so that the drives are 1 inch from his front bumper. Hop in your buddies truck and go have a nice full breakfast.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered

This one is easy.
Simply raise your engine hatch, it is universal sign that something is not ready or there is a problem.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 88Fount33
Have a buddy follow you in his truck to the ramp, wait at the side of the road for azz hole with boat to get there, soon as he backs into the water, back you boat so that the drives are 1 inch from his front bumper. Hop in your buddies truck and go have a nice full breakfast.
That's the best idea yet!

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
This one is easy.
Simply raise your engine hatch, it is universal sign that something is not ready or there is a problem.
Hatch is always open when I launch, they could care less.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree with RaggedEdge, you should take as long as you want and if someone has a problem with that, tell them to go f*** themselves, I can't stand rude impatient people!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.