Notices

The best 25-28ft boat

Old 11-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
I second the Pantera, Magnum, Saber, apache. all baised off same molds and have been build for years so you can find a half way deal. i know of one bad azz pantera in oso forsale section for asking 34k.
+1
Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info everyone. I have been in Florida since Wednesday, and away from a Computer, so I just read through all this, and am soakin everything up.

My dileama right now, is that I am about to inherit some money, but the paperwork won't be finalized for a couple months. (have to sell house, assest, etc) so I am kinda "loking" right now. My boat, and houseboat are sold, and that money is just sitting, so unless I find something that is too good to pass up, it will most likelly be after the new year, before I pul lthe trigger. I am continueing to look every week though.

my favorite is the nordic heat. its the one boat I just keep coming back too. I really like the lines. I have been looking at the one in Washington, but the hours kinda scare me. and the fact that its in Washington. Found a similar one in the midwest for not much more, with much less hours.

I appreicate the offer on the seeing the Sunny in person. I may just take you up on that. How is the cabin on the 288's? My wife's only requests were a nice cabin. We will probably overnight, or weekend on it, quite a bit

I really appreciate all the info.
-shane
Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Apache, Saber, Pantera. In that order.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Apache, Saber, Pantera. In that order.
He wants a cabin, I haven't been in the Apache or Saber, but the Pantera's cabin is half the size of the cabin in the boat he's considering. Saber is a flat deck and is probably the same as the Pantera but that's just conjecture on my part since I haven't been in one.

He's also a lake boater, those are rough water boats you've recommended.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered

I have a PQ 280 and my buddy has a 28 heat, the Nordic has a great ride but in my opinion the PQ was a better built and more comfortable boat. Cabins are about the same size on both, I would'nt consider any of these boat "overnighters", I guess ir depends oin your age but the older I get the more comfortable I need to be when I sleep.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the cabin is a real big thing look at a 26 sonic prowler they have one of the biggest cabins in that size class
Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
He wants a cabin, I haven't been in the Apache or Saber, but the Pantera's cabin is half the size of the cabin in the boat he's considering. Saber is a flat deck and is probably the same as the Pantera but that's just conjecture on my part since I haven't been in one.

He's also a lake boater, those are rough water boats you've recommended.
my saber has lots of room I think, starts with a potty closet on the left right is storage step threw a bulkhead to couches on each side then another bulkhead and a big azz vee berth. when I looked at it there was two of us looking at the vee me 5 11 214 and 62 he was 200 we were looking at the coring. so theres someroom in them. rough water killer boat. its all cored with balsa top to bottom and fg hull and deck joint.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You should also take a look at the 26' Sonic.

And, we happen to have one coming in soon.
-1 owner
-525EFI
-Around your price range
-Immaculate
-Fresh water use only
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered

I've got two friends that owned the 26 Sonic and LOVEd it, if you can get that with a 525efi, brother that boat will rock!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Registered

2001 28' Pantera
Dual 496
White n PURPLE

Pantera make a great solid boat. I sold my 24' and want a 28'.
http://www.yachtauctions.com/listing.php?vessel=4207

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.