Notices

Bugatti in salt water!

Old 08-30-2014, 07:44 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's some mention of the bird story. I didn't look for any additional sources to back it up however.
http://jalopnik.com/5404403/exclusiv...nto-texas-lake
Old 08-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

I bought a boat once for X, and due to age, the insurance company wanted a survey. Survey came back at X + 33%. I still wanted to insure it for X but they forced me to insure it at the higher value (higher premiums). 2 years later the boat was totalled when a dock collapsed due to snow load. The first offer they gave me was less than 50% of what I paid for the boat! After a month or so, we settled at X+33%, minus a couple of thousand for depreciation.

Insurance companies will fock you every chance they get, but that said, I hope that anybody that defrauds an insurance comapny gets caught and prosecuted. It drives all of our rates. I am thinking that this guy attempted fraud, but that is just my opinion.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 2,971 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I bought a boat once for X, and due to age, the insurance company wanted a survey. Survey came back at X + 33%. I still wanted to insure it for X but they forced me to insure it at the higher value (higher premiums). 2 years later the boat was totalled when a dock collapsed due to snow load. The first offer they gave me was less than 50% of what I paid for the boat! After a month or so, we settled at X+33%, minus a couple of thousand for depreciation.

Insurance companies will fock you every chance they get, but that said, I hope that anybody that defrauds an insurance comapny gets caught and prosecuted. It drives all of our rates. I am thinking that this guy attempted fraud, but that is just my opinion.
If he committed fraud F him. Deserves to sit in a cell. It just boggles my mind someone would risk their life driving their car into a lake at a decent speed. You'd think there would be a laundry lost of easier ways to go about it no?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a million dollar bet to me, and hoping the rest of us will pick up the premiums.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

How many people even get to see a Bugatti Veyron let alone drive one and this guy drove it into a lake with the intention of destroying it.......douche....