Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Zuperman/myway Sale? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/219954-zuperman-myway-sale.html)

40FlatDeck 12-07-2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by tzrider (Post 3001594)
It's my understanding that the Zuperman OL is currently at Skater where Pete is doing some "work" to the bottom

That boat weighs as much as a Coast Guard cutter......

I'm not sure even the best in the business can make it run faster...
But, it still is a insane, over the top in every way, rig.

harleyguy04 12-07-2009 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck (Post 3002131)

Just out of curiosity, how heavy was it?

Jassman 12-07-2009 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo (Post 3001551)
Im happy with your 48OL too. Couldnt have designed or painted it any better. What a ride. Enjoy.

+1

T2x 12-07-2009 12:39 PM

With all due respect if everybody on this site minded their own business....there wouldn't be any posts.

Also, if you go out and purchase a super bling hull with mega power....... you ain't doing it to float in your bath tub. You do it for the prestige, wow factor, and image. That having been said, you can't and shouldn't have it both ways.... People are paying attention to and questioning the speed, price, paint job, plans etc of these boats at your desire, so why can't they pay attention to the fact that they are for sale....? Seems like a double standard...eh?

On the other hand if you are trying to be close to one or both of these guys....and trying to earn brownie points at the same time....I suppose trying to be a gate keeper of what can or cannot be discussed about them might help......or not.

T2x

phragle 12-07-2009 01:05 PM

Whats Brownie got to do with this??

Whipple Charged 12-07-2009 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 3002058)
If that is the case, then why is My Way selling his OL, and buying a Mystic? Also, why is Zuperman @ Skater getting bottom work done on it?

Plus the fact that the Tencara is no where near the boat the Mystic C5000 is. The Tencara was not designed to go the speeds that Mystic is designed for. Don't believe me, ask some of the pros, the teams that are running Mystic C5000's now, and see what they have to say about the Mystic.

I was lucky enought to get to personally watch the development of the C5000 over the years, all the CAD design, the FEA, and the testing, and there was NO "Knocking off" of the Tencara involved.
I'm not sure how many boats Cosker has designed now, but it's alot, he doesn't need to copy someone's else's work.:drink:

www.mysticpowerboats.com

Once again, talk to the pros and see what they have to say!

Dean

No need to get in a debate, but there's reasons for both of your questions. My Way runs just a tick under 200mph which is incredible with the power. He's going up on power and to another boat to go 200+. IMO, if he just went with the more power in his OL, he would easily accomplish this. But this is only my opinion.

Zupermans is an entirely different topic, but there is no reason his shouldn't do just the same as My Way since they have identical power and hulls.

Whipple Charged 12-07-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck (Post 3002131)

The 50 OL hull and deck only weighs 4600lb!! What the "riggers" add to that with motors, exhaust, etc. is vital to performance. And this is something OL prides themselves on, proper weight balance, distribution, CG and being light weight. If this is not maintained, it won't work as designed. And for all, OUTERLIMITS didn't rig either of these 2 boats!!!!

Whipple Charged 12-07-2009 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 3002058)
If that is the case, then why is My Way selling his OL, and buying a Mystic? Also, why is Zuperman @ Skater getting bottom work done on it?

Plus the fact that the Tencara is no where near the boat the Mystic C5000 is. The Tencara was not designed to go the speeds that Mystic is designed for. Don't believe me, ask some of the pros, the teams that are running Mystic C5000's now, and see what they have to say about the Mystic.

I was lucky enought to get to personally watch the development of the C5000 over the years, all the CAD design, the FEA, and the testing, and there was NO "Knocking off" of the Tencara involved.
I'm not sure how many boats Cosker has designed now, but it's alot, he doesn't need to copy someone's else's work.:drink:

www.mysticpowerboats.com

Once again, talk to the pros and see what they have to say!

Dean

I'm not sure what My Way and Zuperman have to do with whether the Mystic is very similar to the Tencara Callan started with?

If you speak to the designer of the Tencara, Victory, Qatar, OL, etc. he can point out all the "similar" traits. This is not to say they didn't make changes/improvements/etc. I think they built an incredible boat thats shown its very fast with these huge power plants.

texaschopper 12-07-2009 03:04 PM

In regard to large turbines for sale...I notice Aqua Doll & Canada Thrust are missing from the OSO classifieds. Did they sell?

40FlatDeck 12-07-2009 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged (Post 3002221)
The 50 OL hull and deck only weighs 4600lb!! What the "riggers" add to that with motors, exhaust, etc. is vital to performance. And this is something OL prides themselves on, proper weight balance, distribution, CG and being light weight. If this is not maintained, it won't work as designed. And for all, OUTERLIMITS didn't rig either of these 2 boats!!!!

That's the thing, EVERYTHING else made it tip the scales. Sorry, I don't want to throw out numbers but I have no idea how that trailer with only six tires holds that thing up....:lolhit:

I personally like the look of the OL's, it just makes people wonder when they all are up for sale so quick. Especially GOLDDIGGER....

Dustin, I think yours is the only one that has really performed. Someday you should come on over to the dark side, and be part of the nation...

Congrats!:coolcowboy: