Notices

Zuperman/myway Sale?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
They have all performed well!! Have any of you ever thought thats it's not the boat builder but the rigger's or the unreliable power customers have chosen to rig them with ie. Golddigger!!! The cats run very well. Golddigger ran great with Merc power and so does Johnny O's brand new boat that won best cat in Key West!! The Yellow boat ran very fast for the power as Dustin knows! Bob Russel still owns his and is still tinkering with those monster motors! The Outerlimits boats are pure pleasure boats that seat six and have alot of options. MyWay has run faster in the OL than in his previous Skater. Mystic hasnt built a pleasure boat yet. They have all been 2 or 4 passenger full blown race boats. Maybe some of you should get your facts straight before bashing in the Outerlimits cats!!!
Do you speak from DIRECT knowledge?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Justice runs 150 with stock 1075's and will run 160 with 1200's. These are the numbers.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
I know roughly how much it weighs and I know the CG is significantly off. OL DID NOT RIG EITHER BOAT nor add the weight, nor got a chance to even help the customer get the CG correct and get it on a diet plan.

4600lb is extremely light for a 50' pleasure boat (with gel coat which is 400lbs+). Remember these customers paid someone else to rig the entire back half of the boat, therefore they had to watch weight and CG. Outerlimts never saw the Zuperman boat after the paint job was done and sent away for rigging. So when the boat is overweight, its not because of the boat design or boat hull.

Johnny O's runs very good, little over 160 with 1075's and he'll be running many of the poker runs in 2010 so I think others will finally see how fast and stable they are.

GD was #1 out of the mold and needed some adjustments to get dialed in, both in manufacturing and sea trial testing, just like any new boat. During the time when they wanted to test the hull and play with CG, the centrifugal belt/pulley system kept having issues so they never got to truly run it and develop it. My 48, which was #2, is lighter than GD as is My Way and Zupermans (hull and deck) as the mfg'ing techniques were fine tuned on #2 and above hulls.

I think others will be suprised how fast these hulls really are when they're setup properly. I think you'll see some big numbers by this time next year A full 6 person canopy in a pleasure boat style rigging is significantly different than a 2 or 4 person canopy in race form.

FYI.
There is not a thing wrong with the CG on My Way or Zuperman. The entire problem with the boat is that the rocker that Mike Peters designed into the bottom was removed by OL. The boat should have been close to an inch, but was sent out the door with a quarter. There is a false bottom filling in the rocker.
At higher speeds the boat falls on its nose, and the prop slip sky rockets to 25+%. You guys with 1075 boats most likely do not experience this, as it does not happen before the 170's.
The owner of My Way repaired his own bottom back to where it should be, and did a couple other minor things making the boat perform in the low 190's.

Peter at Skater is doing the same for Zuperman, as the owner has been a very good customer if his the last 10 years. (Thanks Peter)

I can tell you for sure that the hull does not weigh in at 4500Ibs. It would be a little hard to add 10,000 Ibs of rigging to a boat with 520 Ibs Turbines, but the boat performs well as a pleasure boat.

The owner of My Way just decided that he wanted a full blown race boat with added safety and speed.
And a Mystic is a good choice for that as they have proved.
So Mystic and Turbine Marine has joined forces again to have his new boat ready for the first poker Run of the Canadian Poker Run season.

My Way is a good running boat, and is for sale if anyone wants a good pleasure boat to cruise around in.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
FYI.
There is not a thing wrong with the CG on My Way or Zuperman. The entire problem with the boat is that the rocker that Mike Peters designed into the bottom was removed by OL. The boat should have been close to an inch, but was sent out the door with a quarter. There is a false bottom filling in the rocker.
At higher speeds the boat falls on its nose, and the prop slip sky rockets to 25+%. You guys with 1075 boats most likely do not experience this, as it does not happen before the 170's.
The owner of My Way repaired his own bottom back to where it should be, and did a couple other minor things making the boat perform in the low 190's.

Peter at Skater is doing the same for Zuperman, as the owner has been a very good customer if his the last 10 years. (Thanks Peter)

I can tell you for sure that the hull does not weigh in at 4500Ibs. It would be a little hard to add 10,000 Ibs of rigging to a boat with 520 Ibs Turbines, but the boat performs well as a pleasure boat.

The owner of My Way just decided that he wanted a full blown race boat with added safety and speed.
And a Mystic is a good choice for that as they have proved.
So Mystic and Turbine Marine has joined forces again to have his new boat ready for the first poker Run of the Canadian Poker Run season.

My Way is a good running boat, and is for sale if anyone wants a good pleasure boat to cruise around in.

Thank You...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
With all due respect if everybody on this site minded their own business....there wouldn't be any posts.
But giving reasons why someone is selling a boat when you don't even know the person selling it... Come on Rich all this does is augment the static to be avoided in otherwise educational discussions and makes the interesting stuff harder to discern.

Originally Posted by T2x
Also, if you go out and purchase a super bling hull with mega power....... you ain't doing it to float in your bath tub. You do it for the prestige, wow factor, and image.
If I could afford something like that believe me the last thing it would bring me in Vermont (the home of Bernie Sanders, every burned out liberal lawyer from New York & Boston that couldn't hack it and TFB hippies that drink the bong water on their way to protest the G7 summit...) is that. Even with the mini-me I have of those ride I'll let you know the only person I care to impress is.... me.

And as for what others think whether prestige, wow, image, disdain or apathy, I couldn't care less, ask my lovely wife she's in the apathy camp!

Now go back to command your Oklahoma Guard Unit defending that great state against an invasion from Missouri or something like that!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hull and deck weigh <4600 lbs bare, My Way weighed 12,400 lbs rigged. The boat was fully intended to be a pleasure boat, and that is how it was set up.

As far as the rocker goes, Outerlimits did the bottom work on MY Way, and was never offered the opportunity to even take a second look at Man of Steel, which we would have been happy to do.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's my .02 whether it was set up for race or pleasure is a mute point. Whether it was intended for pleasure.. it will be raced against other brands at poker runs....Skater..MTI..and OL are basically race boats with a user friendly cockpits. Lamination schedules tolerances are virtually the same. Nor-Techs are heavier, have more glass without print coming through..set up more comfort, and will never be a racer's choice...
Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nortech uses gel coat, the rest don't except for the bottom
Old 12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by animalhouse
The hull and deck weigh <4600 lbs bare, My Way weighed 12,400 lbs rigged. The boat was fully intended to be a pleasure boat, and that is how it was set up.

As far as the rocker goes, Outerlimits did the bottom work on MY Way, and was never offered the opportunity to even take a second look at Man of Steel, which we would have been happy to do.
So you took the rocker out of My Way's bottom? Was Michael Peters consulted before that was done?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
So you took the rocker out of My Way's bottom? Was Michael Peters consulted before that was done?
Yes, it was per Mr. Peters request

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.