Copeland's Phenomenon Project >

Copeland's Phenomenon Project

Notices

Copeland's Phenomenon Project

Old 11-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Copeland's Phenomenon Project

I would like to give an introduction into the Phenomenon and my role. I have been with Copeland's Motorsports for 18 years and this is my 6th turbine boat project for them. I started this project with Al Copeland Sr in 1998 and am currently finishing it with his family. The boat is a 56ft, 13.6' wide Phenomenon design that we currently have molds of and hope to manufacture. We are rigging the boat with four t-55 L7C turbine engines, four custom gearboxes, 2 custom crashboxes for reverse, and four ASD 11 custon Arneson drives. We are hoping to splash the boat sometime in December. Al Copeland Jr will drive and I will throttle and we hope to break multiple speed records including the Miami to New York, which Al Copeland Sr still holds in the Popeyes V bottom. This project was extremely important to Al Copeland Sr. as it is to us and I hope that it is to you.

Scott Barnhart
Old 11-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Scottie,
It's been a while since I have talked to you. I moved from Chalmette/Slidell to Tn. after Katrina. I wish you and Jr. the best of luck with it. Sr. is watching and cheering you guys on.I'm sure ya'll will make him proud. Be safe and good luck.
Eddie Young
Old 11-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking forward to reading more about and hopefully seeing some video of the late Al Copeland Sr's. "Phenomenon"breaking some speed records with Al Copeland Jr. driving and Scott Barnhart on the throttles. Good luck and looking forward to hearing that Al Copeland Sr's dream has come true.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott, Phenomenon is truly breathtaking and a project that has the Copeland aura and mystique all over it. Thank you for choosing the Key West Worlds to unveil it, and thanks, once again for a party that only the Copelands can throw. Everyone is wishing you guys all the best, and it goes without saying, that safety, along with the speed is of utmost importance. Keep us updated..... Stan Lane
Old 11-21-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you post some pics, or a website ?
Old 11-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Scott I just posted some pictures at the end of my long winded
thread.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ine-101-a.html

Your boat is over the top!

Please post some pictures of the rigging.

KR
Old 11-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

When will the Miami to New York race be held ? If theres anything Premier Performance Marine can do to assist you in; count us in as we are located here in Miami.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Best Wishes. I raced against Gil Copeland at the Worlds in New Orleans back in 2002. Al Sr. and Jr. used to get a kick outta The Jersey Boyz, well we're still here!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:33 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by yahoo
Can you post some pics, or a website ?
www.copelandsphenomenon.com
Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

That link is just a blank page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.