I Need a Soft Material for under my Boat Cover

Notices

I Need a Soft Material for under my Boat Cover

Old 10-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question I Need a Soft Material for under my Boat Cover

I Need a Soft Material for under my boat cover,I want To protect the new paint from the canvas cover.

The boat is in a covered slip 8 months a year,then sits out side at home the rest,The boat slip the wind get up sometimes and flaps the cover,no matter how I tie it down the air still gets under it.but the boat is under roof 34ft.and only get morn sun.I have a canvas Sunbrella blue boat cover now thats about 8 years old,being canvas which can be abrasive in the wind, I am wanting to sew in a soft material in the high wear spots onto the bottom side of the canvas.

One idea I'm thinking about Kimberly Clark, Block It line of fabrics,They make this material that they use on there car covers,I all ready have 3 of my cars with these covers.The only thing is the material is not that strong,it snags easily.it want tear its a woven material, The tech person said it is the softest cover on the back side that they make.They say its breathable so it will dry out fast,and want mildew.They also said sowing it to the bottom will make the canvas wick water.which the canvas cover does anyway.

http://www.block-it.com/ they said the Evolution cover is softer that the Noah.

I'm looking for any options,suggestions to what else might be better,Ive thought of Cotton like a T shirt but it will hold water and mildew,Thjnaks for any help.
Rob
Attached Thumbnails I Need a Soft Material for under my Boat Cover-11-07-1-096.jpg   I Need a Soft Material for under my Boat Cover-11-07-1-107.jpg   I Need a Soft Material for under my Boat Cover-element.jpg  

Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fleece?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

Talking

Flannel, the skater cover has it to protect the seats and canopiew.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Be interested to hear an answer for both side on this...Best material for top and bottom. I need a new one bad.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered

Call Phil at P&G canvas on Long Island he has made a couple of covers for me he uses a material thats 100% waterproof, with felt on the inside... Its a little expensive but Phil's work is second to none and the material is definetly woth the money. (631) 669-0650
www.pandgcanvas.com
Old 10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

How about having microfiber sewn into the the underside of the cover; should protect the paint perfectly.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MC-BOYS
How about having microfiber sewn into the the underside of the cover; should protect the paint perfectly.
Being in the Furniture biz We have a living room suite with mycro fiber, its over 75% polyester,I assume polyester would damage/chafe paint?? Ive been told if it holds water it will mildew,not breathable???

I'm betting they make different kinds of micro fiber?

I was told fleece is a acrylic material?

Theres a material called KarTex,its kinda like Evolution $12a yard,they said its a flannel backing with the canvas top bonded together,that Flannel is Cotton.its 8 .25 a yard.

also most material's that are breathable when it rain water passes thru some and Ill see a dirt residue/black streaks.from the rain. I am wondering if the bottom side of any of these materials will trap dirt into the material??????

Thanks for the suggestion's
Rob
Old 10-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Registered

I am going to have Carrie Covers build me a cover over the winter, good price, lightweight and not abrasive, give Bertha a call...

http://www.carriecovers.com/home1.php
Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Strip Poker 388;2976219]Being in the Furniture biz We have a living room suite with mycro fiber, its over 75% polyester,I assume polyester would damage/chafe paint?? Ive been told if it holds water it will mildew,not breathable???

I'm betting they make different kinds of micro fiber?

I think we're talking about different microfiber; I was thinking more of the microfiber material made for polishing clothes.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Registered

I've read in a few books that flanel is the way to go. They were kinda old, not sure if anything within the last 10yrs was developed that's better, but when in doubt order it by the yard and then sow it or have velcro patches to stay attached to your cover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.