Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go? >

Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go?

Notices

Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The whole point of the thread was how the guys busted their azz to get the rig back on the water again. I have been in that position with my friends doing everything than can to get my rig ready for a run. It is a very cool feeling and something all parties should be proud of.

Nice job Tyson & Crew

BTW grads2112 That picture in your avatar does not look very safe. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black.....
Old 11-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grads2112
He was embarrassed? Because it was irresponsible?
Ya know Grads...in all reality, life jackets wouldn't have made any difference. Not at 100 anyway. He looked like he had full control. just sayin
Old 11-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
It was deleted at my request due to smart azz coments from dumb Azzes like YOU!!! We were safe and having fun and I shared it with normal people who enjoy boating. Not someone who feels the need to become safty police of the universe and coment on a boating trip you were not on. I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody. You really don't deserve a statement from me but you seem like such a tool that desided give you one!!! To everybody else have a great Thanksgiving This is the one and only statement I will make on this thread. See ya
Well said Jim. I hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 217 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
The whole point of the thread was how the guys busted their azz to get the rig back on the water again. I have been in that position with my friends doing everything than can to get my rig ready for a run. It is a very cool feeling and something all parties should be proud of.

Nice job Tyson & Crew

BTW grads2112 That picture in your avatar does not look very safe. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black.....
+1

The story leading up to the video was classic
Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
+1

The story leading up to the video was classic
I agree totally..and then some!! A talented group of real boaters there! A helluva build story that I am very glad to have read. I have done similar things at the drag strip between rounds..as far as rebuilding on a timetable, but nothing like that wow
Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered

He probably took it down because if god forbid he ever did have an accident and an attorney got ahold of that video he would be skeeeeeeeeeeee-rewed!

(For the record, I thought the story and vid was pretty awesome.)
Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by grads2112
He was embarrassed? Because it was irresponsible?
Is it just me? Or is this site called OFFSHORE ONLY . Com???
Not,, I have a little girly boat.com
or,, I put my life jacket on when I wake up in the morning to make sure I don't drowned.com?
Or,, I wish I had a big enough penis to not get on a boating webside and talk about someone I know nothing about .com

Tyson
Old 11-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
It was deleted at my request due to smart azz coments from dumb Azzes like YOU!!! We were safe and having fun and I shared it with normal people who enjoy boating. Not someone who feels the need to become safty police of the universe and coment on a boating trip you were not on. I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody. You really don't deserve a statement from me but you seem like such a tool that desided give you one!!! To everybody else have a great Thanksgiving This is the one and only statement I will make on this thread. See ya
Its a dam shame when you cant go to a BOATING website and share your great Boating experiences with other people that own Boats.

He sounds like a dusch bag to me. I wouldnt have even given him the satifaction of taking down the thread. I would tell him to go f--k him self.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
Is it just me? Or is this site called OFFSHORE ONLY . Com???
Not,, I have a little girly boat.com
or,, I put my life jacket on when I wake up in the morning to make sure I don't drowned.com?
Or,, I wish I had a big enough penis to not get on a boating webside and talk about someone I know nothing about .com

Tyson

Wow....that is a really dumb post.

The fact is as someone else here said.....if later on there was an accident of some type, looking back on that thread, how would it look then? How safe would it seem then? Probably not very safe.

A lifevest will probably not save your a$$ at 100+ but it might let your family find your body sooner.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

The real reason the thread was deleted was due to the fact that in the video, GLH's fly was down exposing his lower unit to the unsafe wind forces created at that speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.