Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/220502-where-did-ever-see-motor-blow-up-thread-go.html)

JeffC 11-25-2009 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 2996459)
It was deleted at my request due to smart azz coments from dumb Azzes like YOU!!! We were safe and having fun and I shared it with normal people who enjoy boating. Not someone who feels the need to become safty police of the universe and coment on a boating trip you were not on. I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody. You really don't deserve a statement from me but you seem like such a tool that desided give you one!!! To everybody else have a great Thanksgiving:drink: This is the one and only statement I will make on this thread. See ya

Its a dam shame when you cant go to a BOATING website and share your great Boating experiences with other people that own Boats.

He sounds like a dusch bag to me. I wouldnt have even given him the satifaction of taking down the thread. I would tell him to go f--k him self.

PhantomChaos 11-25-2009 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 2996481)
Is it just me? Or is this site called OFFSHORE ONLY . Com???
Not,, I have a little girly boat.com
or,, I put my life jacket on when I wake up in the morning to make sure I don't drowned.com?
Or,, I wish I had a big enough penis to not get on a boating webside and talk about someone I know nothing about .com

Tyson

Wow....that is a really dumb post.

The fact is as someone else here said.....if later on there was an accident of some type, looking back on that thread, how would it look then? How safe would it seem then? Probably not very safe.

A lifevest will probably not save your a$$ at 100+ but it might let your family find your body sooner.

pm203 11-25-2009 04:10 PM

The real reason the thread was deleted was due to the fact that in the video, GLH's fly was down exposing his lower unit to the unsafe wind forces created at that speed. :D

10x 11-25-2009 06:13 PM

I'm not sayin chit, cause you all know what I would say. LMAO Glad I got to see the video, only wish I could've been there for the ride again. LOL ALWAYS a great time when with Jim, Tyson, and the E-Dock boys. Defineately a time to remember forever.
Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys. :kiss:

grads2112 11-25-2009 06:55 PM

I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody.

Yet. If you keep up those actions it won't be a matter of if but when. I don't consider taking both hands off the wheel at over 100 m.p.h. to slap high fives while your foot is pushing the throttles to be very safe. But that is just my opinion. I also noticed that the video was removed from youtube....interesting.

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2996464)

BTW grads2112 That picture in your avatar does not look very safe. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black.....

The big difference is I was wearing a Lifeline jacket in the picture with my hands on the wheel and throttles.

RebarBox 11-25-2009 07:02 PM

In response to Grads2112 post #51 on Tyson's original 'blowing a motor thread'

Quote:

"My apologies...... I forgot that 46' boats never crash. And to answer jmoore's question, just because he spent more on this trip than I do in a year just proves my first point even more....and yes we wear our lifevests EVERYTIME the boat is on plane."

Go to:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ml#post2070197

#224 - Third shot.

Possibly Jim's activities didn't raise your insurance rates...maybe your false statements did???

Simple observation. Call me the a$$clown police.:D

Boyd Racing Eng 11-25-2009 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know GLH said don't feed the trolls but sometimes they are so cute you just can't resist. The Key West Freedom crew were all adults capable of making their own decisions. I always brief new riders myself and make sure they have goggles, earplugs ect and know where the grab handles are and how to use them. I am always keeping an eye on the passengers to be sure they are OK and comfortable in their enviorment. We know when to "strap in". big water, poker runs, lots of traffic ect. Anything can happen at any time but if you think running a 46' 13000#
boat in a straight line in 1' chop 3 miles offshore is pushing it....then you ain't got a clue. Happy boating and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family.

Eric

HotPursuit 11-25-2009 07:19 PM

It was deleted at my request due to smart azz coments from dumb Azzes like YOU!!! We were safe and having fun and I shared it with normal people who enjoy boating. Not someone who feels the need to become safty police of the universe and coment on a boating trip you were not on. I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody. You really don't deserve a statement from me but you seem like such a tool that desided give you one!!! To everybody else have a great Thanksgiving:drink: This is the one and only statement I will make on this thread. See ya

Wazz up Jim Happy Thanks Giving.. I guess fixing a Drink at 140 is out of the question :ernaehrung004:

Glad you had a great trip wish I could have made it!! Sorry about the problems but comes with performance boating.. Someone on this site always has to pee in the corn flakes!! :eek: If I wanted more rules and PC police I would stick to driving on the streets.
Skater Bro

Audiofn 11-25-2009 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Boyd Racing Eng (Post 2996594)
I know GLH said don't feed the trolls but sometimes they are so cute you just can't resist. The Key West Freedom crew were all adults capable of making their own decisions. I always brief new riders myself and make sure they have goggles, earplugs ect and know where the grab handles are and how to use them. I am always keeping an eye on the passengers to be sure they are OK and comfortable in their enviorment. We know when to "strap in". big water, poker runs, lots of traffic ect. Anything can happen at any time but if you think running a 46' 13000#
boat in a straight line in 1' chop 3 miles offshore is pushing it....then you ain't got a clue. Happy boating and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family.

Eric

That is one bad azz picture!!

Member23845 11-25-2009 07:23 PM

Feeding the Troll

Originally Posted by RebarBox (Post 2996593)
In response to Grads2112 post #51 on Tyson's original 'blowing a motor thread'

Quote:

"My apologies...... I forgot that 46' boats never crash. And to answer jmoore's question, just because he spent more on this trip than I do in a year just proves my first point even more....and yes we wear our lifevests EVERYTIME the boat is on plane."

Go to:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ml#post2070197

#224 - Third shot.

Possibly Jim's activities didn't raise your insurance rates...maybe your false statements did???

Simple observation. Call me the a$$clown police.:D

Don't feed the troll....LMAO:signs043:
He's been kicked off almost every boating site for inappropriate comments. Ask him to show you his Halloween pics...:lolhit: