Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/220502-where-did-ever-see-motor-blow-up-thread-go.html)

jeff1000man 11-26-2009 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by boatman22 (Post 2996929)
I thought all the self righteous boaters moved over to SOS:coolcowboy:

There si a lot of good stuff on this thread. I will work backwards. :coolcowboy:

jeff1000man 11-26-2009 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2996737)

This is awesome :grinser010:

jeff1000man 11-26-2009 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2996464)
The whole point of the thread was how the guys busted their azz to get the rig back on the water again. I have been in that position with my friends doing everything than can to get my rig ready for a run. It is a very cool feeling and something all parties should be proud of.

Nice job Tyson & Crew

BTW grads2112 That picture in your avatar does not look very safe. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black.....

YUP. been there, done that, and hitched the ride home.
Great job you guys, and again, saw the boat for the first time in the water that sat. there is a reason that the 46's skater is the king of the water.

SmurfOnABoat 11-26-2009 10:41 PM

Well I completely read BOTH threads end to end. And goddamn I gotta say, it takes a gold plated nutsack with a 15" platinum penis to run your mouth and try to school people with a very "professional" background in the sport. (I know nothing about FUS1 but just with the High performance boating, and length of time, i would say definitely more experience and safety than a novice boater) But I sure as hell wouldnt run my mouth on telling him what he is or is not doing wrong with the way he operates his vessel.

Now before anything is said to me, yeah I drive a Baja 272, I wouldnt consider that an "offshore" boat, but I will tell you, I have learned more from the knowledgeable and friendly people on this site than anywhere. (FUS1 for example...) I dont get **** from people becasue of the boat I drive, I know people think of Baja as an entry level powerboat, some people think they are garbage, but I also dont have the money as some of the people on here, and I have NEVER been treated like anything less than an equal boater to anyone on here. Other than by some individuals who think they are perfect and better, more experience than anyone and cant listen, also one to criticize others and tell them everything they are doing wrong (Grads). Somethings are better left alone, words left unspoken. Think what you want, but you dont need to run your mouth the wrong way to good people.

But I guess some people think they know there smarts more than everyone else.

Grads, from what I can understand from this website, its people like US Freedom that keep this sport/hobby what it is. It seems like you just want to put a beacon light on your boat and pull somebody over for throttling a boat with their foot and slapping high fives with someone while traveling over 100mph. But my guess would be this: With his years of operating Performance boats, I dont think I would be going out on a limb here to say, I dont think he would have removed his hands from the steering wheel if there was any imminent danger. If he saw some some seriously ugly looking water approaching, I would say its a safe bet that he probably wouldnt of removed his hands from the wheel.

BTW, Grads, you contradicted yourself if post #43 saying that life jackets were now Mandatory when your boat is on plane, but a sentence later Life Jackets are a personal choice.

I dont personally know anyone that has talked in this thread other than chatting with some of you, but from what I have read from the "Stand up" guys around here, I would say Grads you are greatly outnumbered, with people that have many years of SAFE boating under their belt.

Unfortunate for the motors aboard the boat, but like you said, go out with a Bang! Looked like a blast, I would of loved to been there!!! And I am very impressed with the hard work of "Tyson and Crew" I think that definitely helps get the good word out about dedicated people to the sport, friends to the owner and a class act group of individuals that kicked ass to get Freedom back up and running!!!

Good readin' and goddamn good boatin'!!

Have a good holiday everyone!

HotPursuit 11-27-2009 06:56 PM

Steering wheels are for turning!!
Hydraulic pressure and four steering rams keep it going straight. :lolhit:
Comparing a 30' Eliminator and bravos to a
46' Skater and #6s is like comparing a go cart to a Indy Car :evilb:

Keytime 11-27-2009 07:24 PM

Jim, I tend to take my hands off the clip-ons of my ZX-10R at speed sometimes. Must be an irresponsible Kansas thing. :drink:

I don't blame a person for questioning something because I think most of us are probably fairly outspoken and bold folks on here, but logic tells me that after 12 years of piloting this particular boat and years of racing prior to that, Jim knows when to do what with his watercraft.

Nice job, guys. That kicked arse, IMO. Jim, let me know if you get the boat out on Cheney or ElDorado! :grinser010:

Audiofn 11-27-2009 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2996737)

Hey GL is that Palosi and Obama on the left and Palin on the right? LOL

GLH 11-29-2009 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2997068)
This is awesome :grinser010:

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2997462)
Hey GL is that Palosi and Obama on the left and Palin on the right? LOL

I love that line, it's from the movie "The Usual Suspect".

And using it when it's "a propos" is usually a hell of a sledgehammer! :D

tommymonza 12-01-2009 06:24 PM

Man you guys are Brutal. Any chance you could pop the video up for a day or 2 so some of us could see it.I promise i will keep my comments to myself.