OT Roll-top truck bed covers..

Notices

OT Roll-top truck bed covers..

Old 04-10-2002, 09:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT Roll-top truck bed covers..

I'm considering the purchase of a "roll-up" truck bed cover for my F350. The two I have looked at are made by Pace-Edwards and TracTop. These are semi-rigid, and roll up into a "housing" near the cab if you want to haul soemthing large.

I'm looking for opinions/comments about these covers - good and bad..

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Pace Edwards and LOVE it. If you keep the truck were stuff falls on the cover all the time you have to take the cover off and vacume out inside every once in a while so that it rolls up all the way. Mine has metal slats in it so that you can not break in. So far only once had there ever been any water in the bed after rain and that was my own fault. I did not shut the tailgate all the way. I have actually left a 20,000 buck projector in the back while at the airport for a week!!!! Since no one can see in there is is actually really safe. If I put a cap on I think I will keep this in the bed. I have loaded up the truck with lumber and the roll up does not seem to get in the way at all.

Jon
Old 04-10-2002, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Cignificant,

The Roll Top and the Trac Top are both made by Pace Edwards. The Roll Top is the original version. The Trac Top is supposed to be the new "improved" model. I think there is about $100 difference in retail price.

I have only put on the Trac Top myself, but found it to be a pretty good product. They're great for people that use their trucks like a truck and still need the security of a bed cover.

Drop me a line if you need any pricing info. I'll do what I can to take care of you. Plan on a little time for the install.

Buck
Old 04-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Steve,
You can contact Big Mark (Skater) or Little Mark (OutlawMark) at Outlaw Motor Sports in Culpepper, VA. I am sure they have all the skinny on all of the products. Either of them will take very good care of you, even if you do not purchase.

540-829-0300
Old 04-10-2002, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I looked at installing one of those on my F350- never got around to it and bought an Excursion, but I think there is another mfg down in Pompano Beach, FL called Roll-N-Lock you could check out for comparison in quality and pricing.

www.rollnlock.com
Old 04-11-2002, 12:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

My throttleman has the electric version of the Pace Edwards on his F-350 and it has worked perfectly for almost 2 years now. Even living here around the salt air of the Atlantic ocean it still looks new. I have been shopping around and I just ordered one for my F-450. I decided to go with the electric version. From what I have read and what I have personally seen, Pace Edwards has a good product here.

www.paceedwards.com

Lynch Mob (F2-3)
Old 04-11-2002, 05:30 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Retrax model on my 02 F-250 and I love it. Worked great all Winter long, is semi waterproof and looks great

Retrax
Old 04-11-2002, 08:47 AM
Registered

I put a Pace Edwards rolltop cover on my new F-250 back in November and it worked great all through snowmobile season,my brother just bought a new F-150 last week and we installed one on it also. JOE
Old 04-11-2002, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a client in the mid-90's with one. His big black lab would sleep on it, and it still worked fine. Don't know how the 110lb dog got up on it.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Jim G

When I researched this topic in '98, I found dealer who sold three brands, Pace Edwards being one of them. His take was the one you choose should be based upon the security you want (ie, carrying a lot of expensive tools around all the time vs seldom) PE was at bottom of list (but I am totally happy w/ mine). I think that it was Roll 'n Lock at the top of the three. You could actually stand on the thing.

Quick Reply: OT Roll-top truck bed covers..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.