Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
14.5x32 5 Blade outboard props??? >

14.5x32 5 Blade outboard props???

Notices

14.5x32 5 Blade outboard props???

Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A very very trick set of four blade 15x31's. Same as the ones I sold to Don (maritime) that he has had so much success with
Old 12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
msm
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade Rake

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I guess I have been out of the outboard stuff too long. When I ran the four blade props I lost 5 mph. I would think running 5 blade props will allow a little higher engine height that would offset the stern lift problems I witnessed. The racers are using five blade props but I have yet to see them on a pleasure boat. Maybe that will change now. I am curious what the top speed differences are for three, four or five blade? I was just in a 120 mph 28 Skater a few weeks ago that my friend owns and he runs three blade Mercury lab 15 x 34.
Since rake contributes to a prop's bow-lift / stern-lift characteristics, I wish it would be stamped on the propeller in addition to the amount of pitch. I really don't think the stern lift you mentioned was due to the addition of another blade, but more likely less rake.