If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boca Raton Fl.
    A very very trick set of four blade 15x31's. Same as the ones I sold to Don (maritime) that he has had so much success with

Grafton, WI

Blade Rake

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    I guess I have been out of the outboard stuff too long. When I ran the four blade props I lost 5 mph. I would think running 5 blade props will allow a little higher engine height that would offset the stern lift problems I witnessed. The racers are using five blade props but I have yet to see them on a pleasure boat. Maybe that will change now. I am curious what the top speed differences are for three, four or five blade? I was just in a 120 mph 28 Skater a few weeks ago that my friend owns and he runs three blade Mercury lab 15 x 34.
    Since rake contributes to a prop's bow-lift / stern-lift characteristics, I wish it would be stamped on the propeller in addition to the amount of pitch. I really don't think the stern lift you mentioned was due to the addition of another blade, but more likely less rake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123