Notices

New Intake

Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Intake

I am thinking of replacing the intake on my 540. Current intake is an old Professional Products model called a “Hurricane”..
I would like to put a dominator on the motor.. Anyone have an opinion on the “best” intake?

Motor is a 540 decent but Mild cam. 9:1 comp.. Nothing major earth shattering done to engine. Heads are Canfield 310 with some work done..

I am leaning toward a Brodex or the marine Merlin..

Thoughts?

Also.. When installing, do I need to trim the gasket around the ports on the heads? Intake? Should I pop new lifters into the motor? These lifters have about 150/hrs on them.. About 4 seasons on the motor now..
Old 12-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?? Best intake for a NA 540??????
Old 12-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did some testing a couple of years back on both manifolds and carbs for my N/A 540 with AFR 315 heads.

Best dyno numbers were made with a port matched Edelbrock Victor manifold, a 1" HVH supersucker spacer, and a 1050 Dominator carb.

Chris